DB Saivion Smith

LB Jarrad Davis

WR Tom Kennedy 

QB Tim Boyle

TE Devin Funchess

WR Kalil Pimpleton

Edited by Louis Friend

10 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm mildly surprised by Kennedy being cut, especially before Benson. 

Everything I have read says Kennedy doesnt do anything on special teams and Benson does so if down to the two of them, Benson would win out.  He likely will make the roster but be likely one of the first ones gone when Jameo returns. 

• Like 1

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/08/live-tracker-detroit-lions-have-more-cuts-to-make-ahead-of-53-man-roster-deadline.html

AJ Parker cut which is a shock.  Its also a good sign that we have improved talent wise since a solid starter for us last year isnt making the roster this year.  I am guessing he ends up on the PS if he clears waivers and will be up eventually though. 

Also a note that Kellen Mond will be cut, I would rather try him than what we have. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Everything I have read says Kennedy doesnt do anything on special teams and Benson does so if down to the two of them, Benson would win out.  He likely will make the roster but be likely one of the first ones gone when Jameo returns. 

When have you seen Benson on ST? I saw Kennedy recover the onside kick. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Also a note that Kellen Mond will be cut, I would rather try him than what we have. 

I'm a big believer that your backup QB has to be a young guy with considerable upside. Despite his struggles in MIN, I think Mond fits that definition, and considerably moreso than Blough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

When have you seen Benson on ST? I saw Kennedy recover the onside kick. 

I think folks are being too harsh on Trinity Benson.  Yes, Brad Holmes may not have made the best trade to get him.  However, he has shown a fair amount of improvement.  Not every player will light it up as a rookie or even year 2.  As much as I like Quintez Cephus in certain situations, his injuries are a concern.  Cephus needs to contribute on special teams also but I haven't heard a lot about his special teams play.  Trinity Benson has speed, is solid on special teams and is slowly becoming a more complete receiver.  I think the fact that he has managed to improve and carve out a role is good news for him and the Lions.

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think folks are being too harsh on Trinity Benson.  Yes, Brad Holmes may not have made the best trade to get him.  However, he has shown a fair amount of improvement.  Not every player will light it up as a rookie or even year 2.  As much as I like Quintez Cephus in certain situations, his injuries are a concern.  Cephus needs to contribute on special teams also but I haven't heard a lot about his special teams play.  Trinity Benson has speed, is solid on special teams and is slowly becoming a more complete receiver.  I think the fact that he has managed to improve and carve out a role is good news for him and the Lions.

I don't think Benson or Cephus have shown anything and I liked Cephus coming into the league. I would have no issue if they cut Kennedy for Jamo, or to bring in a FA WR but not Benson.