Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

people have heard the national media pedal a narrative

No. We watched what they looked like last year. Then we looked at who they added over the offseason. Then we formed the opinion that the Bears OL will not just be bad, but probably the worst. Someone has to be the worst. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

No. We watched what they looked like last year. Then we looked at who they added over the offseason. Then we formed the opinion that the Bears OL will not just be bad, but probably the worst. Someone has to be the worst. 

Most of you don't follow the Bears and don't even know who is starting and who isn't it.  Nor could most of you tell us about each player either (as it's been shown in numerous Bears threads throughout this forum including this one). As Supe said, you are following the media narrative.

Now, if you do not fall into this category then you should be able tell us about each player. Right? Well, here's your chance. 

But chances are you can't. Just like I couldn't sit here and tell you everything about your favorite team.

And for the record, I don't agree with Supe's total assessment of the Bears team either. Him and I were just going back and forth on this earlier today. I argued it's the amount of question marks surrounding the roster. Feel free to read here.  But he is absolutely right that most of you are just following the media herd because you don't know enough about what you are talking about. 

For example, we see Braxton Jones as a possible fixture based on his work ethic and a guy who has drawn praises from coaches and players all offseason and even openly got into specifics about what he has to work on without even being asked (getting beat on inside moves). He was getting praised by the media and instead of pulling the typical "it's a team" card from the PR department he actually got into detail to humble himself. Which is pretty rare for a player to do.  But all you guys see is a sheet that tells you that he's a 5th round draftee and so there's no way he can be good.

TL;DR  I don't think this is a good team. I don't think highly of Poles at this point. I don't think they did enough to surround Fields. And I have been very vocal about this all offseason long and I have received nothing but backlash from Bears fans for it.  So this isn't just coming from some "jump on the Bears bandwagon" rhetoric either. This is me saying it's okay to have an overall broad opinion about a team, but let's stop acting like you know every single player on every team. It's okay to NOT know. It doesn't make you less of a fan if you don't.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

7 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I'll will be more than happy to admit Im wrong but I dont see a great OL there at all, alot of hope and speculation there. Save the conversation and tell me "I told you so" after the season is over and I'll admit I was wrong

OL doesn't have to be great. Not many are. It's hard to find 5 consistent O lineman in this league.

I'd settle for just average. The starters are not bad (based on MY realistic expectations and IF all of them reach those expectations). The real problem begins when the injuries start to occur, and for how long.  Ex. Mustipher..... you can do worse as a backup but he sucks as starter so you don't want him for most of the season.

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Most of you don't follow the Bears and don't even know who is starting and who isn't it.  Nor could most of you tell us about each player either (as it's been shown in numerous Bears threads throughout this forum including this one). As Supe said, you are following the media narrative.

Now, if you do not fall into this category then you should be able tell us about each player. Right? Well, here's your chance. 

But chances are you can't. Just like I couldn't sit here and tell you everything about your favorite team.

And for the record, I don't agree with Supe's total assessment of the Bears team either. Him and I were just going back and forth on this earlier today. I argued it's the amount of question marks surrounding the roster. Feel free to read here.  But he is absolutely right that most of you are just following the media herd because you don't know enough about what you are talking about. 

For example, we see Braxton Jones as a possible fixture based on his work ethic and a guy who has drawn praises from coaches and players all offseason and even openly got into specifics about what he has to work on without even being asked (getting beat on inside moves). He was getting praised by the media and instead of pulling the typical "it's a team" card from the PR department he actually got into detail to humble himself. Which is pretty rare for a player to do.  But all you guys see is a sheet that tells you that he's a 5th round draftee and so there's no way he can be good.

TL;DR  I don't think this is a good team. I don't think highly of Poles at this point. I don't think they did enough to surround Fields. And I have been very vocal about this all offseason long and I have received nothing but backlash from Bears fans for it.  So this isn't just coming from some "jump on the Bears bandwagon" rhetoric either. This is me saying it's okay to have an overall broad opinion about a team, but let's stop acting like you know every single player on every team. It's okay to NOT know. It doesn't make you less of a fan if you don't.

You probably don't follow the teams you think have worse OL's than the Bears and don't even know who starts for them.
Now if you don't fall into this category, you should be able to name each of those teams individual players, correct? Here's your chance.

You accuse me of forming my opinion by following media trends, then justify Braxton Jones at LT by saying the media praised him? That's cute, kettle.

I don't care what round your OL was drafted in. Jordan Mailata was drafted in the 7th. Andre Dillard was drafted in the 1st. Guess which one starts and which is the backup?

What I do care about is what I see when I watch games, and when I watched the Bears OL last year, I was disgusted. Then you lose James Daniels, who was your shiniest turd. Who replaces him at RG? Tevin Jenkins, with his zero experience playing OG in college, and his inability to stay healthy? I bet he'll have no problem staying low at 6'5" with back issues. You somehow downgraded from average at best James Daniels and held together by rubber bands and paste 40 years old Jason Peters, though admittedly just on paper. You can claim Braxton Jones is an upgrade, but until Braxton Jones and the rest of the Bears OL proves the rest of us wrong in the regular season, they are what the national media and what footballs future's majority of posters says they are- turrbile.

TL;DR, The Bears OL could be even worse than last year, and watching them last year made me consider starting a deadpool for Justin Fields. And while I can't name every player on every team, I most likely watched the Bears a lot more than you watched the teams you think are worse than the Bears along the OL, because my best friend is a Bears fan, and I typically watch around 8 bears games a season in addition to anytime the Bears pop up on Redzone, which was extremely rare last year thanks in large part to that god awful OL. The Bears have the worst OL in the NFL until proven otherwise.

Edited by Jeezla

@Jeezla None of what you said shows that you have watched anything from the bears last year, or know anything about them. You simply just rehashed every headline from the media.

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You accuse me of forming my opinion by following media trends, then justify Braxton Jones at LT by saying the media praised him? That's cute, kettle.

So can you tell me anything about him or his play?

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Then you lose James Daniels, who was your shiniest turd.

See....thanks for proving my point.

But here's another chance. Tell me why you think he was the Bears best O lineman last year? What did he do, or didn't do, in each game you watched? Give me some examples.... I'll wait.

30 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

And while I can't name every player on every team, I most likely watched the Bears a lot more than you watched the teams you think are worse than the Bears along the OL, because my best friend is a Bears fan, and I typically watch around 8 bears games a season in addition to anytime the Bears pop up on Redzone,

So your best friend is a Bears fan and you watched a few highlights on redzone. Gotcha.

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

you watched a few highlights on redzone. Gotcha.

How much of the teams with OL's you consider worse than Chicago's did you watch again?

What did they do in the games you watched to make you feel like they were worse than Chicago's OL?

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How much of the teams with OL's you consider worse than Chicago's did you watch again?

What did they do in the games you watched to make you feel like they were worse than Chicago's OL?

You're only digging yourself hole here by dodging points instead of just admitting that you don't know as much as you thought you did. Again, it's okay to not know everything.

But I digress. I'm not going to continue going back and forth you on this.

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You're only digging yourself hole here by dodging points instead of just admitting that you don't know as much as you thought you did. Again, it's okay to not know everything.

But I digress. I'm not going to continue going back and forth you on this.

You want me to give you something without giving me anything in return.  I'll go through each individual Bears OL if you want, but first you have to do the same for all the teams you think are worse at OL than the Bears.

You're the one with an opinion that goes against the accepted norm (the Bears OL sucks). It's up to you to prove your homer opinion, not me. I'm just stating what the other 99% of non bears homer fans believe.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You want me to give you something without giving me anything in return. 

What? You said this before I even jumped into the convo...

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

No. We watched what they looked like last year. Then we looked at who they added over the offseason.

It was up to YOU to prove that what you were saying was based off of watching games. And you still wont do it.

1 minute ago, BigTrav said:

Sure. There's Turnstile, Revolving Door, Wet Paper Bag, Sieve and Corpse.

Nah, I do like Whitehair to be honest. Solid.

My bears watching experience lead me to believe Whitehair and Daniels were 2 average, but inconsistent starters flanked by 3 people who shouldn't be starting (although Peters played a little better than I thought he would, but still not good).  Whitehair is a solid technician, but his strength is not ideal.