Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Theyre doing it the right way imo. They still have 2 1st round picks this year to grab a QB if they so choose. I like Hurts I just dont think he has what It takes to become a franchise QB but this year will be the tell

Whoever they bring in (if they do) will be in a great position to succeed with all their weapons in place along with an offensive minded HC in Siranni, same thing can be said for the Lions and Bengals. Complete opposite of what they Bears are doing

Bears had an opportunity, but took the wrong HC in Nagy, wrong QB in Trubisky (obvious bust), and didn't put him in position to succeed.

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

So stupid, would’ve rather let him just play out the contract and let him go or tag him after if no extension was possible.

He was my favorite player on the defense. 

Even if the secondary is looking strong with the additions we’ve made, I would’ve rather kept him.

How do you think he will do swapping to FS full time? You think his skill set works well there?

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lots of sensitive people in here…

What a steal. Why would the Saints even do this? They’d probably get more in a comp pick.

80% chance that Dennis Allen wants to punch CJ as bad as Michael Thomas did. 

He definitely has a huge ego and can be a lot to manage from a personality standpoint.

Still a horrible move. But I could see it being somewhat personal/related to personalities clashing.

• Like 1

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

How do you think he will do swapping to FS full time? You think his skill set works well there?

I think he’s best in the slot. He talks **** all game long and likes to be in peoples face, he wants to jam them at the line and run them out of bounds or into the linemen before they can run their route.

He’ll be a fine FS and can cover in man or zone and plays bigger than he is, but IMO he’s best in the slot so I’d want him at CB or as a box SS

1 minute ago, Dome said:

He definitely has a huge ego and can be a lot to manage from a personality standpoint.

Still a horrible move. But I could see it being somewhat personal/related to personalities clashing.

Let’s be real here. Saints looking at 7-10 at best. Just a good reset button. Even if you feel like he could have gotten a high comp! There’s always a chance for diminishing returns… It was a solid move.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I knew CGJ was chippy on the field, didn’t realize he was actually a prickly person with the coaches too. That’s unfortunate, but the Saints going to Philly got even more exciting.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I think he’s best in the slot. He talks **** all game long and likes to be in peoples face, he wants to jam them at the line and run them out of bounds or into the linemen before they can run their route.

He’ll be a fine FS and can cover in man or zone and plays bigger than he is, but IMO he’s best in the slot so I’d want him at CB or as a box SS

He definitely will be a Safety for us with Maddox locking down the slot CB role. Interesting point about getting him up close to jam people/play with a bit more attitude. Most people project our other S Epps to be more of the SS and get more box reps, but could see them swapping roles at time if needed.

Could be nice having guys with positional versatility to confuse opposing QB's, but we will see how they deploy him. I'd imagine they will have to work him in since he has under two weeks to learn the playbook for week one.