Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

My bears watching experience lead me to believe Whitehair and Daniels were 2 average, but inconsistent starters flanked by 3 people who shouldn't be starting (although Peters played a little better than I thought he would, but still not good).  Whitehair is a solid technician, but his strength is not ideal.

Fair enough. I'd put that line in bottom 3 in the league, easily. But I can't name ever OLer in the league or anything

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What? You said this before I even jumped into the convo...

It was up to YOU to prove that what you were saying was based off of watching games. And you still wont do it.

i did say that before you jumped in the convo. Then you asked for proof, even though i don't owe you any, so why would I go out of my way to prove an opinion to a stranger I don't really care about? I'd rather just state my opinion, and you can either agree or disagree, but I'm not making a gif account or doing film breakdowns to prove myself or disprove someone else. I don't care that much if you agree or not. And I'll never understand why people demand proof without offering their own to the contrary.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

so why would I go out of my way to prove an opinion to a stranger I don't really care about?

Wait, so you say this AFTER saying this....

You want me to give you something without giving me anything in return.

Stop with the cop outs. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm done here lol.

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Wait, so you say this AFTER saying this....

Stop with the cop outs. Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm done here lol.

You haven't said anything that disputes the bears having the worst ol though, other than "give me proof". Both of us are full of cop outs since neither one of us can provide any proof. also, I don't know how I can "cop out" of something I never copped in for. Never said i would give you proof, so I'm not really copping out of it. You asking me to provide proof of my opinion, but not offering any for your own does sound a lot like a cop out though.

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Fair enough. I'd put that line in bottom 3 in the league, easily. But I can't name ever OLer in the league or anything

None of us can, but we can all make educated guesses based on our knowledge of the previous year and looking at the offseason additions and subtractions.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

None of us can, but we can all make educated guesses based on our knowledge of the previous year and looking at the offseason additions and subtractions.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-unit-rankings-tiers-2022\

31st

Projected Starting Lineup

While there’s some reason for optimism for Chicago's two second-year tackles and the leaps they could make, that optimism isn’t based on what they put on tape last year. Larry Borom earned a 61.4 overall grade on 633 snaps, while Teven Jenkins recorded a 47.5 overall grade on 160 snaps. They’ll need to make enormous improvements for this to be an even average tackle duo.

5 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-unit-rankings-tiers-2022\

31st

Projected Starting Lineup

While there’s some reason for optimism for Chicago's two second-year tackles and the leaps they could make, that optimism isn’t based on what they put on tape last year. Larry Borom earned a 61.4 overall grade on 633 snaps, while Teven Jenkins recorded a 47.5 overall grade on 160 snaps. They’ll need to make enormous improvements for this to be an even average tackle duo.

PFF obviously sleeping on Braxton Jones, even though they don't have any proof he's not a future HoFer.

Edited by Jeezla

10 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nobody said great, what part of anything I said said great?  I have all along maintained the talent is league average.  I'll let you in on a secret, odds are I'm much more right than you are.

When I said great I didnt mean it literally, It was more of a vague descriptive word

Trying to tell me that I cant have an opinion that the Bears offensive line will be bad because I cant name their starters Is like trying to tell me I can say the Seahawks will be bad this year because I cant name their entire defensive, offensive and ST units, I cant keep up with every single person in the league. Things become a narrative for a reason, Its not like people woke up one day and said "geez I think Im going to start making up stories about how the Bears OL is bad just because"

I watched the Bears as much as I could last year starting in preseason because I wanted to watch Justin Fields, Watched them in primetime and both Vikings games and I didnt see anything to write home about, What I saw was a 40 yo Jason Peters was your best OL who they signed off the streets.

At this point I feel like theyre trying to argue whether or not theyll be bottom 5 (27-32) or mid 20s (24-26) in terms of OL rank and thats not worth arguing about, Yeah if theyre suppose to improve into the teens than yeah argue away.

A rookie LT who probably didnt go up against a single NFL pass rusher in his college career (please correct me if im wrong) a center whos missed all of TC and preseason due to a thumb injury, a tackle turned Guard whos been at the position for a couple weeks now isnt the recipe for improvement. I get yall are fans you wanna see your team do well, as do I. I feel like were arguing semantics at this point. (I think I used that phrase correctly, correct me If I didnt, I dont mind being wrong at all)

We did kind of hijack this thread so this is it for me feel free to respond but seasons around the corner and that can be our difference maker

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Way to high jack CGJ Flight 23 to Philadelphia to argue about Offensive Lines?

Not CB's, not Safeties, Hell not even an overall Defense. OL? 👌

Lmao right? A thread about the Eagles pulling off a great trade for a dynamic young DB somehow turns into an argument about the trash Chicago Bears offensive line. One of the most irrelevant topics in the league I can possibly think of. Now that I think of it, the Bears are about as irrelevant as it gets in general.

That seems like a really good price for the Eagles for a quality talent.  Contract situation notwithstanding.  If the holdup was wanting to be paid like a Safety instead of a Nickel Corner?  It's not like Safeties break the bank like a lot of other spots, and good reliable ones make the entire secondary function exponentially better.  Especially when they can line up in a bunch of spots.

• 1 month later...