Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Dream Team 2.0

As great as this offseason has been for the Eagles(imo), we still are not really SB contenders unless Hurts makes a massive jump. This year is all about the FO and coaching staff giving Hurts a real evaluation. Our defense won't be regularly putting our offense out to fend for themselves, and our offense has a great OL and tons of weapons to command. 

If Hurts comes out and looks good and we can win a playoff game our future looks really bright. If he comes out and shows little to no improvements... well we have tons of draft capital to make a move for a QB next offseason, while still building on the young core of the roster. 

Hopefully Hurts comes out looking much better this year though and all these new additions gel together. Could be a real fun season if it all clicks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Man Ive been saying this for awhile but im in love with what the Eagles have been doing for the past few years

Sirianni is legit IMO. Doug Pederson was inept while he was here and the planets aligned in 2017 quite literally for this team. Howie usually knows how to work trades and contracts fairly well. As for the draft he tends to defer a lot to the coaching staff. Look at how well the 2 drafts under Sirianni have went compared to the drafts under Pederson. The only exception was the 2018 draft which was solid.

38 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If CGJ doesn’t resign with Philly, does he get enough in free agency to warrant a high comp pick? 

Probably at least a 6th if I'm being modest which... basically means the trade cost the Eagles... a 5th round pick. 

So stupid, would’ve rather let him just play out the contract and let him go or tag him after if no extension was possible.

He was my favorite player on the defense. 

Even if the secondary is looking strong with the additions we’ve made, I would’ve rather kept him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sirianni is legit IMO. Doug Pederson was inept while he was here and the planets aligned in 2017 quite literally for this team. Howie usually knows how to work trades and contracts fairly well. As for the draft he tends to defer a lot to the coaching staff. Look at how well the 2 drafts under Sirianni have went compared to the drafts under Pederson. The only exception was the 2018 draft which was solid.

Theyre doing it the right way imo. They still have 2 1st round picks this year to grab a QB if they so choose. I like Hurts I just dont think he has what It takes to become a franchise QB but this year will be the tell

Whoever they bring in (if they do) will be in a great position to succeed with all their weapons in place along with an offensive minded HC in Siranni, same thing can be said for the Lions and Bengals. Complete opposite of what they Bears are doing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except no one on the team is saying that. lol

They'll just point to the Miles Sanders comment lol.

There isn't much comparable between the 2011 and 2022 offseasons.

In 2011 the pieces were either getting old and declining, one dimensional or not great scheme fits.