Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Kid still has some UGLY decision making. I just don't think he has the mental game down to succeed in this league, but you have to give him 3 years unless he completely implodes. His draft position and arm talent warrants it. 

Hard to say 1 game off of an long lay off with his starting RG playing LT and his starting RT going down early.  He wasn't exactly given great protection.  Outside of that one long INT (which was a bad play because they had 3 if he checks it down) the other INT was off his TEs hands and not exactly his fault.  If you didn't watch the game you saw ugly stats through 3 quarters but as I said many of those were throw aways because of the make shift OL.  His 4th quarter was nearly flawless though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hard to say 1 game off of an long lay off with his starting RG playing LT and his starting RT going down early.  He wasn't exactly given great protection.  Outside of that one long INT (which was a bad play because they had 3 if he checks it down) the other INT was off his TEs hands and not exactly his fault.  If you didn't watch the game you saw ugly stats through 3 quarters but as I said many of those were throw aways because of the make shift OL.  His 4th quarter was nearly flawless though.

He definitely didn't watch. The first pick wasn't even that bad of a decision since the corner bailed on his man assignment to get under the crosser. It wasn't the best decision since GW was opening on the other side of the field but it wasn't like he was throwing into a clear underneath zone - the DB just made a great read. The second was off the hands of a wide open TE - not a bad decision, but a bad throw IMO.

Man saw the stat sheet and just assumed.

20 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

17 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

He definitely didn't watch. The first pick wasn't even that bad of a decision since the corner bailed on his man assignment to get under the crosser. It wasn't the best decision since GW was opening on the other side of the field but it wasn't like he was throwing into a clear underneath zone - the DB just made a great read. The second was off the hands of a wide open TE - not a bad decision, but a bad throw IMO.

Man saw the stat sheet and just assumed.

I only caught bits and pieces of it. I'm also thinking of his preseason game this year. That being said, I'm not writing him off. Give him three years, because his arm talent is really good.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1