Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Carl Lawson, JJ, Sauce, Jordan Whitehead, D.J Reed, Kwon Alexander, Laken Tomlinson, Gerrit Wilson, Breece Hall, Tyler Conklin, C.J Uzomah... Would you not consider that a vastly improved roster?

Didn't say it would translate to wins. The response was in reference to, "The Jets schedule is such a gauntlet it doesn’t really matter who they have at QB..their starting QBs only job is to survive the year."  That's no longer the case. The roster is good enough to compete with competent QB play, again, whether or not that happens is a different argument.

Gubba nub nub doo rakka

On 9/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, NYJets4716 said:

hahaha okay, so basically you are just trying to make up your own narrative.  This is absolutely a fake take, Wilson was having a good training camp and the Jets were excited with where he was. You think they want a 37 year old QB behind center? Flacco looked really old and slow back there vs the Giants. Wilson was voted by his teammates to be a captain again, this narrative that everyone is disappointed in him is fake.  This is injury related, team doctors made the call that he won't be ready and that the bone bruise isn't there yet. There is no conspiracy here. 

I mean.. not exactly. Some reports like the Athletic's had Flacco outplaying Wilson in camp. And the 1st team offense practices once Wilson got hurt were reported to be some of the best of camp. HC also randomly said he thought Flacco was still a starting QB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

I mean.. not exactly. Some reports like the Athletic's had Flacco outplaying Wilson in camp. And the 1st team offense practices once Wilson got hurt were reported to be some of the best of camp. HC also randomly said he thought Flacco was still a starting QB.

No one compared the 2. Wilson was having a very good camp, he was not struggling like people seem to want to believe.  Flacco was good when no one was after him, but playing against a pass rush he can't move. He was horrible week 1 and left TDs on the field.  The Jets definitely want Wilson back when he's healthy and ready. 

On 9/13/2022 at 10:18 PM, NYJets4716 said:

The Jets definitely want Wilson back when he's healthy and ready. 

That I have no doubt, like most organizations would want to do with their 1st rd picks. Prove they were right.

Hate to break it to ya though but I'm fairly convinced or of the opinion the Jets don't comeback and win vs the Browns with Wilson at QB. 

Not saying Joe is better, just more experienced. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That I have no doubt, like most organizations would want to do with their 1st rd picks. Prove they were right.

Hate to break it to ya though but I'm fairly convinced or of the opinion the Jets don't comeback and win vs the Browns with Wilson at QB. 

Would they have had to comeback? Who knows. 

Flacco has been a detriment to the offense the first two weeks. People will look at the stats and think otherwise, but he was abysmal vs. Baltimore and left a ton on the field prior to that wild 4th quarter yesterday. Credit to him for the last drive, that was all experience shinning through. With Wilson, all you can do is speculate. Jets might be 0-2 right now, but with competent QB play they could just as easily be 2-0.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Flacco has also missed a lot of plays left out there the past 2 games. IDK if people are noticing, but the Jets WRs are really good. Garrett Wilson is legit and is getting open at will. Elijah Moore is getting open and hasn't gotten looks yet either. This isn't the same level talent of Jets offenses in the past, this offense is the most talented one we have had since 2015.  It isn't just the WRs, we have solid TEs and our RBs are real talented. 

Zach Wilson brings a different element, where Flacco can barely move, now teams have to account that Wilson is a super athletic QB who can easily escape out of the pocket and some of his best throwing is while on the run. The Jets need to play Wilson because he is our future, they have to see if he is a franchise QB. Our expectations aren't playoffs, literally everyone thinks we are the worst team in the league. Literally all of this board said we were going to start 0-8 and be the #1 overall pick. 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You might not say it, but I will. Joe is better.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 4:34 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I don't remember anyone bringing up that he'd be injury prone, despite not having injuries in college, just because he's huge.

I saw lots of analysis specifically on this. Same thing with Daniel Faalele in this past year's draft. There were even some, very minor, concerns about Evan Neal as well. Massive men have trouble keeping up with an NFL schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You might not say it, but I will. Joe is better.

Joe might be better. I don't think that means Joe is good. The issue is simply ceiling. Wilson is young and has a very high potential. Gotta play him and how he shows something. If he is truly bad and actually preventing hall, g.will and Moore from developing, that's the only time to pull the plug 

11 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

He shouldn’t start again while Flacco is healthy if Saleh wants to keep his job. Wilson is awful. There’s absolutely zero chance they win that Browns game with ZW at QB 

1. Saleh isn't on the hot seat, it's year 2.

2. It's not like Flacco moved mountains that game. G. Wilson was running open often and Corey Davis scored on huge busted play from the Browns that I could have hit as QB. I think ZW would have been just as good if not better.

11 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

1. Saleh isn't on the hot seat, it's year 2.

2. It's not like Flacco moved mountains that game. G. Wilson was running open often and Corey Davis scored on huge busted play from the Browns that I could have hit as QB. I think ZW would have been just as good if not better.

Flacco doesn’t need to Move mountains to be better than Zack Wilson though. He needs to not single-handedly blow games, which he managed to do.

that game winning TD highlights how at this moment Flacco is a better QB. He read the defence pre snap and made an on time and decisive throw with accuracy. Wilson hasn’t shown he can remotely do that at the NFL level.

• Like 1