Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What is this based on, though? That comment by Hanzus sounds highly speculative.

Speculative.  

Starting week 1 was always extremely optimistic. The meniscus trim is a 2-4 week injury, the bone bruise is a 4-8 week injury.  The bone bruise isn't there yet, and the Jets aren't going to throw Wilson out there until he is 100%. From what it sounds like, they plan to start Wilson practicing in rehab before he starts. They aren't going to throw him right into the fire, especially when they are confident in the backup.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Joe Douglas is a good GM but having Mekhi bust and the jury being out on Zach is not looking good.

This is a terrible take. MB got rolled up on last year and then had an avulsion fracture to the same leg. How does any GM predict that?

Zach got injured on a low tackle last year and this year without contact - he didn't have any previous leg injuries pre-draft. Is JD supposed to predict that too?

As far as talent is concerned, Becton showed tons of promise his rookie year and looked like a future franchise LT. That's why JD picked him. The jury is still out on Zach.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is a terrible take. MB got rolled up on last year and then had an avulsion fracture to the same leg. How does any GM predict that?

Zach got injured on a low tackle last year and this year without contact - he didn't have any previous leg injuries pre-draft. Is JD supposed to predict that too?

As far as talent is concerned, Becton showed tons of promise his rookie year and looked like a future franchise LT. That's why JD picked him. The jury is still out on Zach.

Starting 14 games in 3 years is a bust. Talent doesn’t mean anything if you can’t be on the field. 

I literally said Joe Douglas is a good GM in my post? I like Joe Douglas and he’ll be around when Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton are gone  

I literally have no idea what you’re getting upset about lol 

Maybe it was the “not looking good” part? If so that was directed towards Wilson and Becton not Joe Douglas. 

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Starting 14 games in 3 years is a bust. Talent doesn’t mean anything if you can’t be on the field. 

I literally said Joe Douglas is a good GM in my post? I like Joe Douglas and he’ll be around when Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton are gone  

Part of the risk surrounding drafting Becton was injury. GM are happy when their high reward picks pan out. They have to take the hit when some risks materialize 

• Like 1

Can someone TLDR why some Jets fans are so upset about this? At first the injury scare was possible ACL and now they're mad that he'll be out 4 weeks? They weren't going to the playoffs anyway and if you want to see what you have in the kid you may as well make sure he's actually healthy instead of trotting him out because he's 'close enough'

Edited by Dodo

10 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Can someone TLDR why some Jets fans are so upset about this? At first the injury scare was possible ACL and now they're mad that he'll be out 4 weeks? They weren't going to the playoffs anyway and if you want to see what you have in the kid you may as well make sure he's actually healthy instead of trotting him out because he's 'close enough'

I don’t think anyone is upset? Just people defending their young QB. 

15 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Criticizing a GM for freak injuries is nonsense. It would be different if these guys had red flag injuries like ACL tears or back issues where JD is obviously taking the gamble (e.g. Myles Jack), but Becton had one injury in college and Zach had injuries unrelated to the one's he has now.

19 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Part of the risk surrounding drafting Becton was injury. GM are happy when their high reward picks pan out. They have to take the hit when some risks materialize 

Agreed with this. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. And right now the concerns for Becton are very very real, 14 games in 3 years is not good. 

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Joe Douglas is a good GM

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Criticizing a GM for freak injuries is nonsense. It would be different if these guys had red flag injuries like ACL tears or back issues where JD is obviously taking the gamble (e.g. Myles Jack), but Becton had one injury in college and Zach had injuries unrelated to the one's he has now.