Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

But are saying he was an injury risk coming into the NFL? He missed one game in three years while in college, so I don't see how that follows.

No. I clearly said the whole world knew that he’d be an injury risk. Guys of his size very often have trouble staying healthy. 

Do you disagree that the general feeling was that his health was going to be a big thing to watch? More so than other players.

21 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

And I can definitely say that being rolled up on has nothing to do with size. That can happen to any lineman any time, no matter their size.

That’s not what I said. I said you don’t know his weight didn’t exacerbate his injuries. And I also said that being injury prone doesn’t necessarily have to do with his weight. Was it Gronk’s fault that TJ Ward blew out his ACL? Or his elbow got infected after the surgery? Was is Trent Brown’s weight’s fault that he had a bad calf all last year? Was it Shaq’s fault that he had a bad back?

Again, we all knew Becton was going to be a health risk. He’s been hurt more than healthy. And you’re trying to tell us yes, he’s not healthy, but it’s not because he’s a health risk. Lol.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Do you disagree that the general feeling was that his health was going to be a big thing to watch? More so than other players.

Yes.

Being a big lineman isn't exactly rare in the NFL. The bigger concern was that he was lazy and that's why he was so heavy. So the question was more about his worth ethic and ability to stay in NFL shape than his actual size.

I don't remember anyone bringing up that he'd be injury prone, despite not having injuries in college, just because he's huge.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yes.

Being a big lineman isn't exactly rare in the NFL. The bigger concern was that he was lazy and that's why he was so heavy. So the question was more about his worth ethic and ability to stay in NFL shape than his actual size.

I don't remember anyone bringing up that he'd be injury prone, despite not having injuries in college, just because he's huge.

Being 6’8, 370 is certainly not common in the NFL. Biggest comp was Trent Brown, who also struggles staying on the field with any consistency. If we’re going to sit here and pretend like there weren’t questions about how his size (both weight and overall height) wasn’t something to be watched as a prospect, then I believe we’re having an intellectually dishonest conversation. Having that structure and that weight will always be an injury concern.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

This is probably the most talented offense Flacco has ever had other than maybe the 2012 playoffs and 2014. And probably better playcalling than any time other than with Kubiak. He’s gonna slay. Really excited to see him finally get a chance to run a modern day offense.

Look man, when Ace is Ned Flanders style of optimistic for the Redskins it's charming.

This...is just cringe.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:22 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Jets schedule is such a gauntlet it doesn’t really matter who they have at QB, it’s going to be a struggle.

their starting QBs only job is to survive the year, something Wilson hasn’t shown to be capable of doing. I imagine we see all three of their QBs start again at some point.

Huh? Schedule is tough, but the roster is vastly improved. With at least competent QB play, there's no reason the Jets can't play with the likes of Cleveland/Pitt early. 

Whether or not we see competent QB play, who knows, but the team certainly isn't constructed just so Wilson or whomever can "survive." 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:39 PM, NYJets4716 said:

The Jets organization is not going to rush Wilson to return before he is 100%. It's the bone bruise that made the injury more complicated. 

That's not why they're doing this.

On 9/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah I'm really not sure why he's still playing other than just loving the game?

Because his arm is still better than most in the league. Guys with gifted arms that are still professional/all in always stick around forever.

Edited by BrownLeader

7 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Wilson's been a major disappointment. They're using the injury to evaluate the team for a stretch with a vet under center, rather than just a game or two.

hahaha okay, so basically you are just trying to make up your own narrative.  This is absolutely a fake take, Wilson was having a good training camp and the Jets were excited with where he was. You think they want a 37 year old QB behind center? Flacco looked really old and slow back there vs the Giants. Wilson was voted by his teammates to be a captain again, this narrative that everyone is disappointed in him is fake.  This is injury related, team doctors made the call that he won't be ready and that the bone bruise isn't there yet. There is no conspiracy here. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:55 AM, NJC33 said:

Huh? Schedule is tough, but the roster is vastly improved. With at least competent QB play, there's no reason the Jets can't play with the likes of Cleveland/Pitt early. 

Whether or not we see competent QB play, who knows, but the team certainly isn't constructed just so Wilson or whomever can "survive." 

Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

5 hours ago, biggie. said:

Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

Carl Lawson, JJ, Sauce, Jordan Whitehead, D.J Reed, Kwon Alexander, Laken Tomlinson, Gerrit Wilson, Breece Hall, Tyler Conklin, C.J Uzomah... Would you not consider that a vastly improved roster?

Didn't say it would translate to wins. The response was in reference to, "The Jets schedule is such a gauntlet it doesn’t really matter who they have at QB..their starting QBs only job is to survive the year."  That's no longer the case. The roster is good enough to compete with competent QB play, again, whether or not that happens is a different argument.