Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

As the weeks go on, I continue to get more hope we can actually do damage this year.

There’s no elite teams outside of the Bills and Chiefs and neither are unbeatable especially the Chiefs with no running game and their weapons outside of Kelce are suspect. That’s why I wanted us to get a LT so bad at the trade deadline. I think once our receivers are healthy, we have at least an average group. I have no faith in Daley. Time to put Radunz out there but they won’t.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

There’s no elite teams outside of the Bills and Chiefs and neither are unbeatable especially the Chiefs with no running game and their weapons outside of Kelce are suspect. That’s why I wanted us to get a LT so bad at the trade deadline. I think once our receivers are healthy, we have at least an average group. I have no faith in Daley. Time to put Radunz out there but they won’t.

Everyone is talking about the Bills like they’re unstoppable but I’d love to take them on in Nashville because they aren’t great against the run and our defence seems to be much better than it was in week 2. 

So in non-Titan news. 

Green Bay is really struggling with an HOF QB. 
Buffalo lost to the Jets using a formula similar to ours. Good defense, run the ball, pass it just enough. 
Seahawks continue to win with a new look Geno. 
Rams are bad. Super Bowl champs to...yuck.
Bucs aren't that much better.

I'm finding so much joy in the Colts totally falling off the cliff. 
Josh McDaniels has so much to work with on offense and they can't do jack. If I were to try to make a point about having a top tier WR doesn't equal wins, the Raiders would be my go to. 

I like Herbert, but I'm seeing cracks in his golden boy status. 
Marucs missed a wide open Kyle Pitts for a win yesterday. Ugly Marcus showed up.

41 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So in non-Titan news. 

Green Bay is really struggling with an HOF QB. 
Buffalo lost to the Jets using a formula similar to ours. Good defense, run the ball, pass it just enough. 
Seahawks continue to win with a new look Geno. 
Rams are bad. Super Bowl champs to...yuck.
Bucs aren't that much better.

I'm finding so much joy in the Colts totally falling off the cliff. 
Josh McDaniels has so much to work with on offense and they can't do jack. If I were to try to make a point about having a top tier WR doesn't equal wins, the Raiders would be my go to. 

I like Herbert, but I'm seeing cracks in his golden boy status. 
Marucs missed a wide open Kyle Pitts for a win yesterday. Ugly Marcus showed up.

a lot of receiver issues in GB and with the Chargers. Herbert is good, but minus Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, that’s a struggle. Packers offense is a complete disaster. Geno has an effective run game, OL and two really good receivers. Honestly reminds me of us in 2019/2020. Tannehill is a better QB, but a steady system built around a good, well-rounded supporting cast can go a long way in the regular season.

I love watching McDaniels fail. The fact that he can repeatedly destroy teams and then get more opportunities is incredible. I thought for sure that what he did to the Colts and those assistant coaches would finally be enough to get him out of HC talks but teams just keep falling for it.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

a lot of receiver issues in GB and with the Chargers. Herbert is good, but minus Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, that’s a struggle. Packers offense is a complete disaster. Geno has an effective run game, OL and two really good receivers. Honestly reminds me of us in 2019/2020. Tannehill is a better QB, but a steady system built around a good, well-rounded supporting cast can go a long way in the regular season.

I love watching McDaniels fail. The fact that he can repeatedly destroy teams and then get more opportunities is incredible. I thought for sure that what he did to the Colts and those assistant coaches would finally be enough to get him out of HC talks but teams just keep falling for it.

With Herbert and Rodgers, I just figured the QB would make the other players rise. 
I know QBs need weapons. You know it too. 
It just crazy to me how it seems at times the QB is made to be the main reason. 

When Wentz was doing his thing, "he was amazing!"  Now same with Tua and even Hurts. 
To me, there it is rare to have a QB be special enough to make below average WRs better. I've only seen Brady really do that. 
Switch places of Fields and Hurts, do you think Hurts would do the same in Chicago and Fields do the same in Philly? 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

With Herbert and Rodgers, I just figured the QB would make the other players rise. 
I know QBs need weapons. You know it too. 
It just crazy to me how it seems at times the QB is made to be the main reason. 

When Wentz was doing his thing, "he was amazing!"  Now same with Tua and even Hurts. 
To me, there it is rare to have a QB be special enough to make below average WRs better. I've only seen Brady really do that. 
Switch places of Fields and Hurts, do you think Hurts would do the same in Chicago and Fields do the same in Philly? 

There’s just kind of a ceiling right? Great QBs can certainly elevate talent, but only to a level. They can turn a bad supporting cast into an average offense, or an average supporting cast into a good offense. But I’m not sure anyone is raising garbage to greatness. 

Even late career Brady recognized it after his last year on New England where he QB’d a thoroughly average unit. He bailed and chased the best supporting cast available to him.

I don’t think the Dolphins or Eagles get any worse with Fields and I don’t think the Bears get any better with Tua or Hurts.  An elite supporting cast covers a lot of flaws. And a bad supporting cast accentuates every mistake by a QB. We’ve seen both sides of that spectrum over the last four years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

You never know what can happen.

It's a funny, amazing league.

That Eagles run will forever have me clinging to hope.

People say it all the time even though us fans hate to hear it. But it's good to lose some games early rather than fade down the stretch.
Like Cardinals and Steelers in previous seasons after starting undefeated. 

• Like 1