Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

This. The margin for error is so much smaller when you don’t have one of those top guys. The problem is there’s so few truly elite guys and getting one isn’t easy. How many other teams are like us just hoping to hit on a QB?

Bout 28 other teams hoping to land a franchise QB.  At this point I can think of really 3 teams that have QBs that will carry them to wins.  (Burrow, Allen and Mahomes).

Everyone else has VERY good QBs to placeholders. The VERY good like a Herbert, Brady, Rodgers and even Lamar can get you to the playoffs and perhaps beyond, but still need a very talented roster around them to do so. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Bout 28 other teams hoping to land a franchise QB.  At this point I can think of really 3 teams that have QBs that will carry them to wins.  (Burrow, Allen and Mahomes).

Everyone else has VERY good QBs to placeholders. The VERY good like a Herbert, Brady, Rodgers and even Lamar can get you to the playoffs and perhaps beyond, but still need a very talented roster around them to do so. 

You think Tannehill will be here next year?

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Watching other teams let me know we have our flaws, but we aren't bad. 

NFL is full of wins and losses. Every loss is not the end of the world. Every win is not a championship. 

Also makes me realize that while Tannehill has his flaws, we could do way, way worse.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I do. 

I don't see a plan or pathway that leads us to an outright better QB. 

I agree. Before the year started I thought this would be Tannehill's last year here but after seeing Malik play and not seeing a better option I'd think he is back next year. Would be nice if he would help us out with cap space this offseason though.