Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I love Vrabel but....

Home playoff game. Los. 

#1 seed bounced in one game. 

Fail to make playoffs. 

Doesn't really vibe with the tone Any has set. 

He’s lost his last 4 “win or go home” games

edit - or* not and 

Edited by deeluxx3

Lawrence isn’t nearly the thing that concerns me the most. It’s that for the first time, we seem to finally have a team in our division that is aggressively building around a young QB. Offensive head coach, first on a RB, big money at receiver and TE, traded for Ridley for next year. Haven’t had that since Manning really.

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

Lawrence isn’t nearly the thing that concerns me the most. It’s that for the first time, we seem to finally have a team in our division that is aggressively building around a young QB. Offensive head coach, first on a RB, big money at receiver and TE, traded for Ridley for next year. Haven’t had that since Manning really.

Yeah. It's more that they seem to actually be a NFL franchise again. 

They have some free agent money issues coming up I think. So we shall see. Ingram is a free agent I think? 

It will be mostly the same team coming back with rookies added. 

They will no doubt be the division favorite next year as they should. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Not a good look for America's Coach. 

I’m extremely extremely excited/anxious to see what this team becomes with an even “louder” voice from vrabel in the next 2-3 years (assuming he’s here)

can go one of two ways imo

• Like 1

i’ll say this though: as annoying as our ridiculous overdependence on running the ball is, if the chargers could run the ball even a little bit they’d have won that game without breaking a sweat. the running game still has a crucial place in football, but you need balance. i hope we start moving toward that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Trevor is good. But idk, I don't know about his ceiling being anything too wild. He isn't the hype that he came out of the draft to be, nor will he ever be to me. 

That was an absolutely embarrassing collapse. Staley balls sucked into his *** after they went up 27. They did everything they could to lose that game. 

He's only 23. I'm scared to death of what he can become.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i’ll say this though: as annoying as our ridiculous overdependence on running the ball is, if the chargers could run the ball even a little bit they’d have won that game without breaking a sweat. the running game still has a crucial place in football, but you need balance. i hope we start moving toward that.

Yeah. For the Chargers. 

My thing is we wouldn't have been able to even make it close if we were in the Jags position. 

Running the ball isn't the problem. It's making running the ball the only way this offense can function. 

Stop #22 what else can we do? 

Even last year when we had better WRs. Give it to Derrick and then let's see what happens. 

34 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m extremely extremely excited/anxious to see what this team becomes with an even “louder” voice from vrabel in the next 2-3 years (assuming he’s here)

can go one of two ways imo

We will get the clarity we need. But I need to see Vrabel with a better QB1 before I start calling him a guy who just can not get it done.

Andy Reid went through a spurt where he lost 4 straight playoff games. (and also won one playoff game in 9 years)

It looks like it made him for the better. Reid also needed that guy at QB1. Obviously Vrabel ain't Reid, but I want more talent around Vrabel.

Edited by twotonebluenation

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. For the Chargers. 

My thing is we wouldn't have been able to even make it close if we were in the Jags position. 

Running the ball isn't the problem. It's making running the ball the only way this offense can function. 

Stop #22 what else can we do? 

Even last year when we had better WRs. Give it to Derrick and then let's see what happens. 

yeah, we're on the other side of not having balance. both are bad. ours is unfortunately also a lot more boring lol