Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

Guys, I know we need an upgrade at QB, but some of yall need a dose of reality.  Sometimes, you just aren't in a position to do that.  Trying to will one to materialize isn't a recipe for success.

Stroud or Young likely aren't falling to us.  Richardson and Levis are projects that we don't have the staff to take advantage of.

Brady is old, and every other replacement possibility will be in a worse situation here than where they were.

For trying to compete next year, Tannehill is almost certainly the absolute best option on the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Guys, I know we need an upgrade at QB, but some of yall need a dose of reality.  Sometimes, you just aren't in a position to do that.  Trying to will one to materialize isn't a recipe for success.

Stroud or Young likely aren't falling to us.  Richardson and Levis are projects that we don't have the staff to take advantage of.

Brady is old, and every other replacement possibility will be in a worse situation here than where they were.

For trying to compete next year, Tannehill is almost certainly the absolute best option on the table.

seriously, the cope in here has reached preposterous levels and the offseason is like 2 weeks old

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Alright dad. Lol. God forbid we talk about anything being the possibility outside of just Tannehill being our QB. Cause a QB has never slipped. Or because a team has never traded up. Or because there have been reports by Rapoport, that we have interest in pursuing Brady.  

Just because you don't think a QB wont work outside of 2 in the draft doesn't mean everyone has to. We all know how many times teams get the draft wrong in terms of a QB. It's a crap shoot.

Sure we may run back Tannehill. But I am not convinced that is "best option on the table" in terms of the future of this team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

God forbid we talk about anything being the possibility outside of just Tannehill being our QB.  Or because a team has never traded up. Or because there have been reports by Rapoport, that we have interest in pursuing Brady.  

Just because you don't think a QB wont work outside of 2 in the draft doesn't mean everyone has to. We all know how many times teams get the draft wrong in terms of a QB. It's a crap shoot.

Sure we may run back Tannehill. But I am not convinced that is "best option on the table" in terms of the future of this team.

I didn't say those would never happen.  I said they're bad options.

And I'm not saying everyone has to agree.  I'm just doing exactly what you're doing here, and engaging in the same conversation.  You just seem to be mad that I'm on the other side of it.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I didn't say those would never happen.  I said they're bad options.

And I'm not saying everyone has to agree.  I'm just doing exactly what you're doing here, and engaging in the same conversation.  You just seem to be mad that I'm on the other side of it.

I am not saying that either. We are in a football forum where we debate opinions. Nothing ever makes me mad in here, just mostly makes me laugh.

But saying, "we need a dose of reality," is just where I thought the statement is funny. These are not some fairy tale ideas we are thinking up. Trading up for a qb happens all the time. QBs slip because people fall in love with a bad qbs. Sometimes, "the masses" are just aggressively wrong about scouting qbs from college. That is reality. 

I also think we can turn things around offensively this off season, I don't think its the end of the world for us on offense. I believe we are making the changes to turn the tide on it. And it will be a heavy focus.

I truly believe they are looking at options outside of Tannehill. I believe that is a reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

if a man decides to start drinking at 10a...I shall not judge

but if this is going where I think it's going...

put the bottle down, KT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. lol

I'm just trying to do some historical scouting and looking at where we pick in the draft. What did people miss about Rosen? He seemed to have the things people want in a pick yet flamed out. Didn't help his team gave up on him after one year, but why?

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I am not saying that either. We are in a football forum where we debate opinions. Nothing ever makes me mad in here, just mostly makes me laugh.

But saying, "we need a dose of reality," is just where I thought the statement is funny. These are not some fairy tale ideas we are thinking up. Trading up for a qb happens all the time. QBs slip because people fall in love with a bad qbs. Sometimes, "the masses" are just aggressively wrong about scouting qbs from college. That is reality. 

I also think we can turn things around offensively this off season, I don't think its the end of the world for us on offense. I believe we are making the changes to turn the tide on it. And it will be a heavy focus.

I truly believe they are looking at options outside of Tannehill. I believe that is a reality.

Yeah, Me personally, I like to explore all the options. It is what makes the off-season fun to me. Reality is yes, Tannehill likely will be back.
But if what if he isn't.  I literally love looking at YouTube clips of players. So it's fun for me to look at Player X to think if they would fit and what it would take to get them. 

And yep, people are wrong almost 70-80 of the time when it comes to scouting QBs.  Otherwise, everyone picked would be great or bad as predicted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, Me personally, I like to explore all the options. It is what makes the off-season fun to me. Reality is yes, Tannehill likely will be back.
But if what if he isn't.  I literally love looking at YouTube clips of players. So it's fun for me to look at Player X to think if they would fit and what it would take to get them. 

And yep, people are wrong almost 70-80 of the time when it comes to scouting QBs.  Otherwise, everyone picked would be great or bad as predicted. 

Totally. I have watched more tape than ever this year. It is making the offseason super exciting, I am learning to enjoy the game in a different way. Its a wild time too with film breakdown, so much access. I am learning so much more than I thought I knew. You have so many ways to learn the game and understand what is going on.