Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

43 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

We gotta get a QB.

Gotta find a way. An elite QB would be lovely. But a top 10 QB would do. Lol 

A good QB would maybe get it done. But if we want to really be in a conversation Carthon needs to find the QB to fit us and lift us up. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gotta find a way. An elite QB would be lovely. But a top 10 QB would do. Lol 

A good QB would maybe get it done. But if we want to really be in a conversation Carthon needs to find the QB to fit us and lift us up. 

Cue the “Jordan love sucks even tho there’s minimal film to actually evaluate him on”

but I wonder if we inquire about a trade for him. Gotta be available for something middle rounds. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Cue the “Jordan love sucks even tho there’s minimal film to actually evaluate him on”

but I wonder if we inquire about a trade for him. Gotta be available for something middle rounds. 

If Aaron Rodgers comes back then I think he's gettable. I wouldn't hate it.

I said something like this in another thread: I'd offer a 2024 4th that can become a 3rd if he plays 75% of the snaps next season, a 2nd if we make the playoffs, and a 1st if we win a playoff game.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If Aaron Rodgers comes back then I think he's gettable. I wouldn't hate it.

I said something like this in another thread: I'd offer a 2024 4th that can become a 3rd if he plays 75% of the snaps next season, a 2nd if we make the playoffs, and a 1st if we win a playoff game.

Trade or cut Tannehill 

get Love for cheap on a cheap fourth year deal and give ourselves the fifth year option opportunity (think we would need to decide on that over the summer tho)

Super Bowl in two years max

36 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Trade or cut Tannehill 

get Love for cheap on a cheap fourth year deal and give ourselves the fifth year option opportunity (think we would need to decide on that over the summer tho)

Super Bowl in two years max

Just feels like the right time to make a move from him. We might sink or we might swim, either way just seems right. 

• Like 2

I’m fine with trading almost nothing for Jordan Love to take on the role of tank commander. Because bringing that guy into our offensive situation will be a fun ride to 4-13 or 5-12.

But no way I’d ever consider trading actual assets for a guy that looked terrible in his only meaningful regular season action, bad in his third preseason and showed enough that his franchise was willing to commit $50 million a year to their starting QB that’s about to hit 40 and seems to be permanently craving attention and controversy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Philly and San Fran are such incredibly well-constructed rosters. Loaded with talent at every level on both sides of the ball.

comparing our roster this year to theirs legitimately feels like SEC vs like...the sun belt or something

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m fine with trading almost nothing for Jordan Love to take on the role of tank commander. Because bringing that guy into our offensive situation will be a fun ride to 4-13 or 5-12.

But no way I’d ever consider trading actual assets for a guy that looked terrible in his only meaningful regular season action, bad in his third preseason and showed enough that his franchise was willing to commit $50 million a year to their starting QB that’s about to hit 40 and seems to be permanently craving attention and controversy.

Just to finish this thought. I don’t even know if Jordan Love is bad. He’s just the worst version of a lottery ticket. An unproven QB one year away from free agency where you barely get to capitalize on the QB on a rookie contract and then trap yourself into either letting him walk for nothing or making a massive financial commitment based on one year of play.

You could argue that he could be tagged, but in 2024, that’s probably $50 million. I suppose you could always pick up his option and hope that our OL doesn’t get him killed to the point that it becomes guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

comparing our roster this year to theirs legitimately feels like SEC vs like...the sun belt or something

Like, I wouldn’t be shocked if the AFC wins the SB based solely on QB advantage, but the way those two teams are built is really something.

For as much as we’ve focused on the AJ trade for good reason, giving a progressive and innovative offensive mind that OL and that group of pass catchers along with a solid group of RBs and a mobile QB is just fun. 

• Like 1