Colts’ extend OG Quenton Nelson to 4-year, $80M extension ($60M guaranteed)

FutureViking09

41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So the Bengals should have drafted Penei over Chase?

You got me!!!  No, but Rashawn Slater, yes.  Bengels lucky they still have Burrows after the horrible injury due to horrible OL. 

Boy it so easy (after the fact)to pick one case/player to win your argument.

And yes Slater was the best OL in that draft.

Will I be 100% correct heck no  but I will still take OL every time.

Cee Dee Lamb doesn't have a chance without a OL no matter how good he plays.

Last  Justin Herbert say Hi !!!  He goes only so far without OL.  They knew it and they went and tried to fix the problem.

Like I said you got me!!!!

Edited by m haynes

In Ryan Grigson’s last draft (2016) he drafted C Ryan Kelly (1st) T Le’Raven Clark (3rd) and T Joe Haeg (5th) (C Austin Blythe in the 7th as well but he didn’t make the roster). When Ballard came in in 2017, he liked all these OL and the camaraderie they developed so he thought having a full year to work together would improve everything. It didn’t.

So Ballard entered the 2018 draft laser focused on taking Nelson. Including the foresight to trade down from 3 to 6 and pick up extra 2 rounders. He took Nelson and Braden Smith expecting them to hold down the 2 guard spots, but some on the staff felt Smith could play tackle and were right. The Giants management holding to their guns and not trading down or considering taking anybody but Saquon Barkley really benefitted the Colts in trading back and still getting Nelson. 

2 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

In Ryan Grigson’s last draft (2016) he drafted C Ryan Kelly (1st) T Le’Raven Clark (3rd) and T Joe Haeg (5th) (C Austin Blythe in the 7th as well but he didn’t make the roster). When Ballard came in in 2017, he liked all these OL and the camaraderie they developed so he thought having a full year to work together would improve everything. It didn’t.

So Ballard entered the 2018 draft laser focused on taking Nelson. Including the foresight to trade down from 3 to 6 and pick up extra 2 rounders. He took Nelson and Braden Smith expecting them to hold down the 2 guard spots, but some on the staff felt Smith could play tackle and were right. The Giants management holding to their guns and not trading down or considering taking anybody but Saquon Barkley really benefitted the Colts in trading back and still getting Nelson. 

I think they wanted Baker, but when he went he went #1, they took the #1 RB over their #2 QB. 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, Wyld Stallyns said:

I absolutely would credit him for zeroing in on Nelson even if taking an OG that early is wildly unpopular, but the idea that we should credit him for moving down from 3 to 6 when you already had your franchise QB in place isn't something I would do.