BDL 2022 Week 1 - Singapore Sentinels @ Anchorage Trappers

RuskieTitan

Who Wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Anchorage Trappers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2022 at 04:59 AM

BDL 2022 Week 1

Match:  Singapore Sentinels @ Anchorage Trappers

Away Owner:  @SirA1

Home Owner:  @Scoundrel

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

Singapore Sentinels

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Derek Carr
RB1: Josh Jacobs 
WR1: DaVonta Smith
WR2:  Gabriel Davis 
WR3: Jarvis Landry
WR4: Jakobi Meyers
LT: Orlando Brown Jr.
LG: Tyler Smith
😄 Brian Allen
RG: Matt Feiler 
RT: Jedrick Wills Jr
--------------------
WR5: Kendrick Bourne 
WR6: Jauan Jennings
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Kenyan Drake
RB4: Zamir White
TE1: Darren Waller
TE2: Jonnu Smith 
OL6: Mike McGlinchey

DE: Arik Armstead
NT: D.J. Jones
DT: Aaron Donald 

OLB: Markus Golden
LB: JOK 
OLB: Odafe Oweh 

CB: Kendall Fuller 
CB: Charvarius “Mooney” Ward 
NCB: Jaycee Horn
S: Devin McCourty
S: John Johnson III 
--------------------
DE2: Dre’Mont Jones
DT/NT2: Matt Ioannidis
OLB/DE3: Melvin Ingram III
OLB/DE4: Uchenna Nwosu
CB4: Jonathan Jones
CB5: Levi Wallace
LB2: Dre Greenlaw
S3: Adrian Phillips

Anchorage Trappers

Anchorage 

Offense:

QB- Joe Burrow

RB- Jonathan Taylor

X- Ja’Marr Chase

Z- Brandin Cooks

Slot- Darnell Mooney

TE- Kyle Pitts 

LT- DJ Humphries

LG- Frank Ragnow 

C- Erik McCoy

RG- Dalton Risner

RT- Rob Havenstein 

Bench:

RB- JK Dobbins

RB- Eno Benjamin 

WR- Donovan Peoples-Jones

TE- Isaiah Likely 

TE/FB- Tommy Tremble 

T- Andrew Thomas

G- Jon Runyan Jr

OL- Ikem Ekwonu 

Defense:

RE- Bradley Chubb

NT- Vita Vea

UT- Ed Oliver

LE- Sam Hubbard

WLB- Isaiah Simmons

MLB- Micah Parsons 

CB- Patrick Surtain 

CB- Jaylon Johnson 

Nickel- Denzel Ward

FS- Jessie Bates lll

SS- Budda Baker

Bench:

Edge- Jonathan Greenard

Edge/UT Aidan Hutchinson

INT- Jordan Davis

INT- Greg Gaines

LB- Cole Holcomb 

CB- Kristian Fulton

CB- Derek Stingley Jr

S- Marcus Maye

Singapore Sentinels 

Singapore Sentinels

•  Motivation - Get on track on the road versus a rising young team.

Offensive Strategy

Formations:  4 WR Bunch formation (60%)/ 1 RB/1TE (25%)/ 2 TE (15%)

• Our primary formation heading into the game will contain a single back and four receivers. We want to spread out the Anchorage secondary and get their quality linebackers off the field or put our guys in mismatches against slower LBs.

• Our secondary formation will contain a single back, three receivers, and a tight end. Darren Waller is our primary TE. We’ll have a few plays with 2 TE, Jonnu Smith will come in as a second TE in red zone and short yardage situations.

• Scheme:  Pass (65%) vs Run (35%)

• Passing - Carr will have his quartet of receivers to start the game - DaVonta Smith and Gabriel Davis are the outside/Deep WRs. Carr will look for a few back shoulder and post routes. Jarvis Landry and Jakobi Meyers will do the dirty work over the middle with crossing routes and slants to get seperation. Landry will be the main focus this week of the passing game. 

Rushing

• Josh Jacobs will get the start but we will use all of the backs as we are a committee. Hunt and Jacobs will get the majority of the carries this week with Drake spelling them. We will use outside zone runs to stretch the Trapper DL out and set up the pass for Carr with some play action. The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Carr a quick out to move the ball.  

• In an effort to try and continue to spread that secondary out, Hunt and Drake will motion out into the Slot for an empty backfield. Both are solid pass catchers that should be able to get chunk yards and keep the chains moving.

Defensive Strategy

• Formation:  3-3-5 Defense / 4-1-6 dime

• Run Defense - Our front 3 are all solid run defenders. We respect Taylor as their bell cow back but should be able to keep him in check to make Burrow throw into our vastly improved secondary.

• Aaron Donald and Arik Armstead clog the middle and get penetration  to collapse the pocket and not give Burrow time to step up and make throws. We get back the “Greek Freak” Ioannidis and Dre’Mont Jones to keep the boys up front fresh.

• We have the LBs needed to fill the gaps and limit their ability to get first downs. JOK will be a spy on the RB in both the run game and pass to limit their impact. 

Pass Rush 

• Odafe Oweh and Marcus Golden crash the edges and we will be bringing pressure from our outside linebacker spots for most of the game.. This should force Burrow to throw into max coverage and not give his receivers time to develop their routes. The rotation off the bench in Ingram and Nwosu will make sure that our guys stay primed all day to keep that pressure on. We are going to run some twist stunts up the middle to confuse the Anchorage OL

• When we do blitz, on passing downs it will be up the A or B gap with a LB in JOK or Greenlaw. 

Pass Defense

• Formation - Cover 3 Zone/Cover 1 Man Hybrid

• We will look to limit the big play and use a unique coverage design initially appearing to resemble a single-high man-coverage alignment. But at the snap of the ball, both cornerbacks bail vertically while maintaining tight outside leverage on the wide receivers. With vision set inside on both the quarterback and the receivers, our corners can maintain proper depth, which allows them to play a combination of multiple routes within their zone responsibilities.

• From this same pre-snap position, both cornerbacks can easily deploy the top-down man-coverage technique that is designed to look identical to their Cover 3 zone concept. The similar appearance of both man and zone alignments are designed to confuse Burrow into making errant passes.

• Kendall Fuller, “Mooney” Ward and Devin McCourty will be responsible for the deep-third zones with McCourty having the deep middle. Underneath, Jaycee Horn will cover Kyle Pitts and John Johnson will play in the slot and jam Mooney at the LOS. As stated, JOK will be a Spy on the RB for routes in the flat and screens. Adrian Phillips is our Dime S this week and will cover Likely if the Trappers go 2TE/4 WR. 

• The Trappers don’t have a whole lot of depth in their receiving Corp so we will keep our defenders fresh by rotating in Jonathan Jones and Levi Wallace. We should be able to outlast them into the fourth Quarter. 

Coverage Assignments:

• ·         Ja’Marr Chase / Kendall Fuller - CB

• ·         Brandin Cooks / Mooney Ward - CB

•           Darnell Mooney  / John Johnson - S

• ·         Kyle Pitts / Jaycee Horn - CB 

•           Isaiah Likely  / Adrian Phillips - S  

Anchorage Trappers

Overview:  

A new season and another opening game against our rival Singapore. Singapore is a very good team which we respect but this is our year and it starts right here with week 1 at home. With a balanced offensive attack and suffocating defense we plan to bring the boom on the Sentinels. 

Offense: 

• We will lineup up in 3 and 4 wide mostly, mixing in some 2 Tight.
  • We are going to utilize Chase 50% of snaps in the slot in the 3 and 4 wide. We like the matchup this gives us against any of Singapore’s corners to allow Chase to work in space and get the ball in his hands quickly to use his tremendous ability after the catch to make plays.
  • When Chase is lined up the other 50% of snaps at the X or Z, Mooney will play in the slot, with Cooks at the other outside receiver opposite Chase. 
  • From X or Z, Chase will see a mix of deep shots and intermediate routes such as slants. We want to keep the defense guessing while weaponizing his strength and deep speed.
  • We will feature Cooks’ deep speed to challenge the defense as well as utilizing his underneath quickness while we pinpoint advantageous matchups with our wideouts.
  • We will call some switch verticals to allow our slot receiver Chase/Mooney a boost to defeat press and still get them chances to challenge deep outside while starting out from the slot. The switch can create confusion and provide our offense with a nice seam deep option as well. 
  • We will motion Pitts around to help determine coverage and therefore in our 4 wide Pitts will play a big slot role to take advantage of getting our best weapons out in space and keeping our same personnel group as our 3 wide out on the field to run hurry up and keep Singapore’s defensive personnel out there as well when we see matchups we like.
  • Pitts will be utilized as a seam stretcher looking to run out linebackers out of zone, draw safety coverage or attack one on one matchups with his size as well as a safety net for Burrow. Pitts will play a prominent role in our passing attack. 
  • We will run combo routes to attack all over the field. Our combo routes will ensure Burrow always has an underneath high percentage target while also having his big shot opportunities. 
  • We will scheme Burrow on some roll outs to spread the defense around and take advantage of an athletic yet over aggressive front. 
  • We will utilize our backs heavily in pass protection to ensure Burrow has more time in the pocket against a talented front and pick up blitzers. 
  • If we are seeing quick bails by the coverage defenders because of our deep pass set up and heavy blitzes we will mix in some screens to our backs to take advantage of open space against the defense. 
  • In 2 tight Pitts is inline at TE1 with Likely at TE2 and Chase and Cooks outside. We will combo route out of this look as well. 
  • Likely will be given opportunities to maximize his run after catch abilities as an underneath weapon and seam attacker.
  • JT will be our lead back and we will run primarily zone running plays mixed in with some power.
  • Dobbins will spell JT if he’s healthy enough to go and if not Benjamin will be the backup back.
  • We will double team Donald as much as possible to limit his disruptive plays and ensure our offense is firing on all cylinders. 
  • Frank Ragnow will get the start at LG but if he can’t go then Jon Runyan Jr will get the start. 

Defense:

Against 3 Wide:

• Our base defense when Singapore lines up in 3 wide will be nickel. 
  • We will play a mix of single high man and some cover 2 and 3 zone. 
  • We will be playing matchup specific coverage on the outside. Even when in zone we will line up our corners on the side of the receiver they have in their man coverage responsibility to disguise coverage. We will adjust zones as needed. 
  • Jaylon Johnson will matchup on DeVonta, Patrick Surtain will match up on Gabe Davis, Denzel Ward will matchup on the slot receiver. If one of  Davis or Smith line up in the slot Ward will be responsible for them and Surtain or Johnson takes whatever receiver is now outside in place of their guy. 
  • We will press outside with Surtain and Johnson in Man and Cover 2 and give press looks in Cover 3.
  • Jessie Bates will play single high in all man coverages to stop the big plays. And deep middle in Cover 3, and deep half in Cover 2. 
  • In man Budda Baker will have Waller, Flats in cover 3, and bail to his deep half in cover 2. 
  • In man Isaiah Simmons will have the running back. In zone Simmons will play typical WLB zone duties. 
  • The MLB which will be Micah Parsons who will either be blitzing or bracketing Waller with Baker in man. In Zone we will also mix in blitzes and typical MLB zone coverage. 
  • In short yardage to go and clear running situations such as goal line defense we will play Jordan Davis at UT. Ed Oliver will be the primary UT and also will play there in clear passing situations and long to go situations. 
  • If the TE is inline Chubb will line up outside of the weak side Tackle’s shoulder while Hubbard lines up head up over the TE. We want to make sure Waller when inline gets no free releases. 
  • If the TE splits out Ends will line up on the outside shoulder of the Tackles. DT’s will line up heads up on Guards and WLB and MLB will stack behind their side DT. Rotational Dlinemen follow the same rules. 
  • On clear passing downs and 3rd and long to go situations we will move Budda to Stud, a WLB/S Hybrid down in the box, Simmons to MLB, Surtain as Star, a S/CB Hybrid, Parsons to weak side end, Chubb to strong side end and Fulton to nickel and Ward and Jaylon outside. 
  • We will run single high man out of this alignment and Budda has RB while Surtain has Waller. Simmons will play a middle zone robber or blitz.
  • If Singapore is running hurry up and we can not get our personnel in for 3rd and long and obvious passing downs we will stick to our base designed to handle any and all situations against their 3 wide. 

Against 2TE:

• Against 2 TE we will run a 4-3-4 with Budda as the Stud to the TE2 side and Patrick Surtain as the Star about five yards off the ball shaded to the TE1 outside shoulder when he is inline. If split out he will matchup head on. 
  • Chubb and Hubbard will be the ends with Simmons at SLB and Parsons at MLB. Our primary DT’s will be Vita and Davis as we want more beef in the middle against this formation. They will both two gap with ends responsible for C gaps and Stud/SLB have D with Parsons free to read and attack from inside out.
  • Our DT’s will line up over the guards with our ends over the tight ends. Once again we don’t want to give any free releases. 
  • Ward and Johnson will be our outside corners with Bates at FS.
  • We will run primarily man with some cover 2 as well with our Star bailing out of the box to the other deep half opposite Bates. 
  • We will mix in some zone and man blitzes for Parsons.
  • We will jam on the outside out of this formation. 
  • Our man will be single high man with Surtain taking Waller, Budda taking TE2, Simmons taking RB and Parsons bringing heat. 
  • If they line up 2 tight to one side we will shift our line and backers accordingly. 

Against 2TE/2RB or 3TE

• We will run the same as the 4-3-4 above but have Holcomb play MLB and Parsons play WLB to replace the Stud. We will only play zone, Cover 2 and 3 against these formations. Still mixing in blitzes from Parsons. 
  • Baker will play SS and Surtain and Ward will play outside. 

Against 4 Wide and empty:

• We will play dime and run single high man against 4 wide while running zone coverages against empty. We will utilize Budda Baker as a Dime Backer next to Simmons and play Surtain at Dime with Ward and Johnson outside, Fulton at nickel and Bates at FS.  Our Dline will be Chubb at LE, Parsons at RE, Oliver at NT and Hutchinson at UT. When in man Budda will have the RB and Simmons will either blitz or play a middle zone spy. 

Against all formations:

• We will play gap responsibility against the run.
  • Will not over pursue and play disciplined especially against RPO’s.
  • Substitute as needed for Dline to keep guys fresh.
  • No free releases for tight ends. 
  • Press look always on the outside 
  • Motions don’t change our personnel groupings. 2 tight ends even with one or both motioned out is still 2 tight ends for our alignments. 
  • Incorporate some weak side stunts with our dline. 
  • Greg Gaines is the primary NT backup
  • Jonathan Greenard the primary RE backup
  • Hutchinson primary LE backup while also serving as a rotational piece at UT. 
  • Kristian Fulton is the primary corner backup.
  • Marcus Maye is the primary safety backup. 

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

57-23 Bullet Points. You definitely got me there trying to account for literally everything possible.

Nope. There was so much more I could have covered. I won’t feel shame for my excitement to write Gameplans when I have so much going on in my personal life that this is such a nice release.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Nope. There was so much more I could have covered. I won’t feel shame for my excitement to write Gameplans when I have so much going on in my personal life that this is such a nice release.

No Worries. You did have a few guys out like you predicted in Dobbins and Ragnow.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I voted for myself since we can't see votes.

I'll be making all my votes tomorrow night as I am leaving for vacation on Tuesday Early and may not have wifi until I get back on Sat.

I also voted for myself so that’s where our 1-1 tie is. Where you going on vacation?

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I also voted for myself so that’s where our 1-1 tie is. Where you going on vacation?

I will be at Tybee Beach near Savannah, GA. My aunt has a beach house there so we get to stay for free, which is good because we're broke. 

Just 4-5 days of relaxing, sleeping and reading away from a computer, and enjoying some good local sea food.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I will be at Tybee Beach near Savannah, GA. My aunt has a beach house there so we get to stay for free, which is good because we're broke. 

Just 4-5 days of relaxing, sleeping and reading away from a computer, and enjoying some good local sea food.

Sounds awesome! Have a great time