Jaguars waive Sheldon Day, Jaelen Strong

.Buzz

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised a tad by both since our WRs are hurt and Day is still good

They need a ST guy more than a guy like Strong who hasn't really done anything anyway.

Day is a bit surprising.  But especially when you have injury concerns elsewhere, you can only afford to have so many DLine roster spots.  And they obviously want to continue to get Dareus out there for interior DLine snaps when they can, which just eats into available snaps for depth guys.

Just now, iPwn said:

I just don’t get what they see in Calvin Pryor that they’d give up on Day that quickly for. 

As fans, there is no way of knowing. Has to be something they see in practice/thoughts moving forward on how they want things ran.

According to Mike Kaye, with the way we want our DL to play moving forward Day isn't a great fit under Marian Hobby/what we want from our DT's now. Day was solid in PR role, but he never looked very good in the run game when I saw him out there.

Plus, with Dareus/Abry/Malik locked up long-term, not sure where he was going to get in on PT. This staff also seems quite intrigued with Ankou who seems like a better run stopper.

Just now, Forge said:

Should we be happy about it? If I remember right, there were questions about his size, position fit at the nfl, but he was always productive and talented at ND. 

Yes.

He has upside and showed flashes rushing the passers. We aren't waiving him if our DL isn't as talented across the board as it is. Just no time with Dareus, Malik, Abry, and Campbell shifting inside on 3rd downs. Not to mention Ankou, another young DT, seems to be someone we really like as well.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yes.

He has upside and showed flashes rushing the passers. We aren't waiving him if our DL isn't as talented across the board as it is. Just no time with Dareus, Malik, Abry, and Campbell shifting inside on 3rd downs. Not to mention Ankou, another young DT, seems to be someone we really like as well.

The funny thing is, I really don't know where we are going to put him either. Honestly, all three of our first round picks from the last three years are better fits on the interior then the ends. Maybe it's just one more sign that Armstead is on his way out of SF. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is, I really don't know where we are going to put him either. Honestly, all three of our first round picks from the last three years are better fits on the interior then the ends. Maybe it's just one more sign that Armstead is on his way out of SF. 

In your position I see no reason not to take a flier and hope he turns into a solid rotational type for you guys though. Nothing to lose in your position.

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Based on the scheme i would think if your trying to do early seahawks style that both buckner and armstead would thrive as the big end ala red Bryant

Archived