2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Minus Gentry, this should be the pecking order moving forward imo.

Absolutely. I saw an interesting one on Reddit and the guy said a majority of DJs drops come when his shoulders are not parallel to the LOS while moving to the MOF. So slants, ins, curls, posts. The guy even said it was Randy Moss like of alligator arming it for every catch like he’s afraid of getting hit. 

I know my feelings on DJ are quite clear but it just rubs me the wrong way how he approaches things. Like the pick that bounced off his hands, he said was tipped. Sure that effects your ability to make the catch but it smacked both of your hands square on. These last two games hinged huge on missed plays by DJ. 

For as much as people (the MM groupies) love to blame Jujus fumbles for losses, they sure are silent on DJs drops. But Claypool causes an INT and there’s death threats on Twitter from that guys followers. 

9 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Probably the last chance to pick up any Pickens shares in fantasy. 

Good news: I drafted him. 
Bad news: I played Claypool over him. 
Better news: I won by 80 anyways. 

Anywho. Looks like a chart I’ve seen for Claypool the first few weeks. DJs chart on next Gen stats kinda tell a lie because he’s not a guy you want playing in traffic anyways. Let the big guys like Pickens, Muth, Pool and Gentry take those hits. 

45 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Bad news: Steelers lost.

Good news: My mock draft!!!

Round 1: Paris Johnson Jr. OT Ohio State

Round 2: O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida

Round 3: Jack Campbell ILB Iowa

Round 4: Cory Durden DT NC State

Round 7a: Jordan Domineck EDGE Arkansas

Round 7b: Jacob Cowing WR Arizona

Not opposed to it, but as of right now, Im honestly more concerned about our defense than the OLine.

I think Im at the point where Id like us to go BPA on pretty much anything except skill position.     If we pick top 10 and we are in position for a blue chip LT, great.....but I also am not opposed to a blue chip pass rusher or DB either.   

Better yet, if we end up picking top 5, trade down for a nice haul....but knowing the Steelers, that has a very slim chance of happening.

Edited by 43M

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Not opposed to it, but as of right now, Im honestly more concerned about our defense than the OLine.

I think Im at the point where Id like us to go BPA on pretty much anything except skill position.     If we pick top 10 and we are in position for a blue chip LT, great.....but I also am not opposed to a blue chip pass rusher or DB either.   

Better yet, if we end up picking top 5, trade down for a nice haul....but knowing the Steelers, that has a very slim chance of happening.

I'd go LT if it's there.  Otherwise I move down.  We have the horses for defense so to speak (EDGE's, FS) and I don't love any of the DB's yet.  If we could move down, get a future 1st, basically Weidl brings the Philly philosophy of always having an extra 1st to float, I'd be ecstatic.

Also we haven't seen Khan's draft philosophy yet.  His few signings so far have showed a very shrewed proactive GM.

The Steelers are one game out of 1st place in the AFC North with only one game to go before TJ Watt comes back.

I know many are looking at the upcoming schedule and our performance so far and think there’s no chance, but the one advantage of a Tomlin coached team is you can never really count them out. 

This team now has a new QB, a new identity, and should be playing a lot more inspired moving forward. Some other minor changes I would make moving forward:

- Calvin Austin gets a hat over Gunner and splits WR3 duties with Claypool. If Austin isn’t ready, same statement for Steven Sims.

- More snaps for Jaylen Warren, assuming he stops fumbling. Wouldn’t be opposed at all to a 50/50 split

- Mark Robinson gets a hat over Spillane moving forward

- Passing game runs through Pickens, ‘Muth, DJ moving forward, in that order

Buffalo on the road this week seems like a daunting task, but they are beatable if you can force Josh Allen into some mistakes. I truly believe you’ll see a new energy from the team this week in practice. Opportunity is there for this team and Kenny Pickett to come out and make a statement/turn this season around on Sunday. 

Optimistic/Positive bb07MVP is 🔙

• Like 1

Chase's lack of detail has always frustrated me, and it showed up here big time. Said it in the summer, but he is 6'4 that plays 5'10. James Washington probably makes this play. Pickens for sure does. Why the hell can't you extend your arms instead of making a catch at your facemask? Why the hell are you falling backwards? Go get the damn ball. 

Pickett needs to throw this ball further towards the sidelines and away from trouble, but Claypool was drafted to make this play. Had 5'8 Lamarcus Joyner on his back, and he allowed him to make a play on a jump ball. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Chase's lack of detail has always frustrated me, and it showed up here big time. Said it in the summer, but he is 6'4 that plays 5'10. James Washington probably makes this play. Pickens for sure does. Why the hell can't you extend your arms instead of making a catch at your facemask? Why the hell are you falling backwards? Go get the damn ball. 

Pickett needs to throw this ball further towards the sidelines and away from trouble, but Claypool was drafted to make this play. Had 5'8 Lamarcus Joyner on his back, and he allowed him to make a play on a jump ball. 

I think that was was the worst for sure. Chase HAS to catch that or at least make sure he doesn't doink it right into the DBs hands. Pat's was less egregious, but could have been caught. The 3rd was a hail mary. Definitely not the worst INTs he could have thrown.  

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Id strongly consider Bryan Breese for this team, regardless of where we pick. Only concern is staying healthy but that may also be a reason why he gets/falls to us. We will need to replace Cam at some point in the not so distant future and there has to be an expected fall off like at a significant level around age 35, hes 33. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

While I agree with everything, it was a touch underthrown causing Claypool to adjust.  But looking at it, it was the right call to under throw it because of Joyner's position.  The most disappointing thing of the INT's off Claypool and Johnsons hands are they bounced up rather than down.

30 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn't be upset to not have Chase and Diontae on the team. They both are burning up the excuses I can make for them. Too many drops, bad effort, and pouting. Those are tough to swallow when you aren't putting up numbers. 

Yup.  I said it all last year and all offseason.  DJ just did it on pure mass numbers.  Nothing was really gamebreaking.  Too many drops, doesn't just run post catch, won't make plays in the MOF.  Chase is the worlds most frustrating player.  Will make a great play followed by a bonehead play.  Feast or Famine to the max, but I'm more likely to keep him because of the thing you can't teach.

But.....kudo's to Kenny.  He took the bullet for Claypool and Muth by claiming the mistake on him on both INT's even though it hit the guy in the hands.  Those are things Ben and Mitch didn't do.  They both talked about needing to catch the ball.

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Didn’t catch this yesterday 😳

Good for Pickens but Dodson on his *** 4 yards deep, Chucks taking too much depth, and Daniels getting beat inside that easily is more concerning than the praise Pickens is getting.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Good for Pickens but Dodson on his *** 4 yards deep, Chucks taking too much depth, and Daniels getting beat inside that easily is more concerning than the praise Pickens is getting.

I'm no expert on O-line play, but unless the strategy was for all the guys to fall down, that's a problematic play. 

43 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm no expert on O-line play, but unless the strategy was for all the guys to fall down, that's a problematic play. 

Luckily it was DJs jet sweep (more of this please FWIW) so it didn’t kill us (hey the setup worked!) but it’s highly problematic.