Falcons trade LB Deion Jones to Browns

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Hopefully a restructure or something will be happening.

Actually if I'm reading this right on spotrac, this has a massive dead cap cost for Atlanta.  If the Browns are only responsible for the base salary I'm not a number of guys so I'm not sure how that works, But assuming that is correct it is an extremely low amount

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Actually if I'm reading this right on spotrac, this has a massive dead cap cost for Atlanta.  If the Browns are only responsible for the base salary I'm not a number of guys so I'm not sure how that works, But assuming that is correct it is an extremely low amount

Yeah, just saw. We only owe him like $1 or 2 million this year and he has no guaranteed money after this season.

Guessing he totally sucks now if Atlanta wanted him gone that badly lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, just saw. We only owe him like $1 or 2 million this year and he has no guaranteed money after this season.

Yeah I mean honestly he has another year on his contract I do believe So for Atlanta it's probably OK we're going to take this hit now but we don't want to have to pay his base salary next year which is much higher. And for the Browns it's like well maybe we can see what this guy has maybe he can help us and if not we cut him up we cut Em for his Gallery becomes guaranteed for 2023 so it's really one team getting out of a big contract and another team taking a very low risk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

PFF had him as basically the worst LB in football last year. Missed a ton of tackles. Was overwhelmed by the new scheme. Kind of sounds like he was on IR just while Atlanta figured out what to do with him.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

PFF had him as basically the worst LB in football last year. Missed a ton of tackles. Was overwhelmed by the new scheme. Kind of sounds like he was on IR just while Atlanta figured out what to do with him.

Atlanta moved to a 3 - 4 defense correct? Now whether he does better there or not I think he is a better fit for Cleveland's defense

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He'll fit right in with our defense in that case.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Atlanta moved to a 3 - 4 defense correct? Now whether he does better there or not I think he is a better fit for Cleveland's defense

Eh. It's Dean Pees, so at this point, I'd call it multiple than I would call it actually 3-4. Like most teams it's in nickel most of the time anyways. But it's very aggressive, and there's definitely way more in that playbook than there would've been in the Dan Quinn playbooks he started with.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh. It's Dean Pees, so at this point, I'd call it multiple than I would call it actually 3-4. Like most teams it's in nickel most of the time anyways. But it's very aggressive, and there's definitely way more in that playbook than there would've been in the Dan Quinn playbooks he started with.

I appreciate the detail there thank you

• Like 1