Week 6 Thread: Commanders (1-4) at Bears (2-3) - Thursday on Prime Video. MikeT14 will be at the game!

MikeT14

I’ve never seen someone try to fight as hard to own a bad idea as Rivera has fought to insist that Wentz was his choice. 

On some level, I do hear what he’s saying about the guys on the team though. They get a win on the road in the NFL, and all they hear is people chanting “sell the team” and whispering about the coach/QB and openly saying they wish they had lost. That would be rough, I have to say. I know they’re pros and they get paid for it, but…they didn’t make Dan Snyder suck.

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ve never seen someone try to fight as hard to own a bad idea as Rivera has fought to insist that Wentz was his choice. 

On some level, I do hear what he’s saying about the guys on the team though. They get a win on the road in the NFL, and all they hear is people chanting “sell the team” and whispering about the coach/QB and openly saying they wish they had lost. That would be rough, I have to say. I know they’re pros and they get paid for it, but…they didn’t make Dan Snyder suck.

There are worse things on this team than Caron Wentz

lb, oline and cb which Ron is 100% responsible for 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

That is his way of trying to endear himself to Carson and act like he wasn't the back-up option that he was. Maybe it works. Maybe Carson can pull his head out of his butt, but most likely all it does is bind the two together more and when Carson fails (and costs us a second round pick in the process) they will both be gone.

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also, as I said, now is the time to be on the phone with Bears GM and try to get Roquan Smith off of them. He would make a tremendous difference to our defense.

I’ve always loved Roquan since he came out, so I’m on board.

But what are we giving up? Can’t trade the 2nd or 3rd because of Wentz. Are they biting for a 4th-plus? Are we dipping into more future picks?

27 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ve always loved Roquan since he came out, so I’m on board.

But what are we giving up? Can’t trade the 2nd or 3rd because of Wentz. Are they biting for a 4th-plus? Are we dipping into more future picks?

I'd easily give up Taylor Heinicke and a 4th. I'd also do a 4th this year and a 3rd next year. You could offer DaRon Payne for him straight up.