Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

30 minutes ago, R T said:

There is some real irony here. 

From all parties no, or just me cause you're on that side. It's easy to say the same thing back irony is that folks defend our current DC. 

I'm sure my expectations can be thought irrational but 7 first rounders on that side of the ball. How many games have they stole in the last 2 plus years under Barry. Defend him all you want but show me something, you're just chirping currently.

In defense of the offense they have some leeway due to the inexperience. What is the defense excuse? 

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If you watched the game it was pretty clear the defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities to win the game.  It wasn't a great defensive performance, but most offenses when given that performance would have delivered a win.  It was an embarrassing night on offense.

I agree with that, but to compare our Offense to our defense is what is embarrassing for any GB fan. LIke 7 first rounders and we can't steal a game against a crappy team that did it's best to hand it to us. I think one could put this on MLF too as his line play was garbage and he benched no one. 

32 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Everyone saying we did a good job on defense last night is right. We did a good job if that’s a good offense.

It’s not. They’ve been struggling worse than us. They scored 17, 10, 18, 17 and 17 points. We gave up more than they’ve averaged on the year.

Agreed, it would be just be the miraculous if Barry's D could steal a game here and there with all that talent. But he's not the guy, never will be and MLF has to eat that. 

Either way the year was going to be like this and it's fun, what are your thoughts on the quality of loss and the fight from Love and CO? 

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Everyone saying we did a good job on defense last night is right. We did a good job if that’s a good offense.

It’s not. They’ve been struggling worse than us. They scored 17, 10, 18, 17 and 17 points. We gave up more than they’ve averaged on the year.

They had created ZERO turnovers going into last night's game. They got three! Do you think that may have had anything to do with us giving them 17 points? You can't look at a number without context. It's not that hard to understand. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

From all parties no, or just me cause you're on that side. It's easy to say the same thing back irony is that folks defend our current DC. 

I'm sure my expectations can be thought irrational but 7 first rounders on that side of the ball. How many games have they stole in the last 2 plus years under Barry. Defend him all you want but show me something, you're just chirping currently.

In defense of the offense they have some leeway due to the inexperience. What is the defense excuse? 

The offense kept putting them in negative situations with 3 and outs and 3 turnovers. In spite of that, they only gave up 17 points. That has to be a win for us 100 out of 100 times. 

I get the offense is young and needs time, but to try and pin this one on the defense is pure lunacy. 

Are you ******* kidding me? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Agreed, it would be just be the miraculous if Barry's D could steal a game here and there with all that talent. But he's not the guy, never will be and MLF has to eat that. 

Either way the year was going to be like this and it's fun, what are your thoughts on the quality of loss and the fight from Love and CO? 

He called the prefect defense and Nixon **** the bed of he has a pick six to the house. He put his defense in position to STEAL a game. 

Why aren't you bitching about MLF running it straight into a loaded box on 1st and 2nd and goal from the 5 after Watson was horse collared? You have to give Love at least two shots at the endzone in that situation. 

He also got away with a McCarthy, calling a timeout when we were on defense at the end of the half. We had done nothing offensively and he think we're going to suddenly go the length of the field in under a minute. 

Plenty of blame for the defense this year but:

They gave up 17 points

They held Jacobs to 20 carries for 69 yards

They held Adams to 4 catches for 45 yards.

I'm no fan of Barry, but you need to look elsewhere for this particular game.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This defense played well enough to be concerning, because that was a really bad O. We play a lot more bad O's this year and that might be enough for Matt to keep Barry again.

Mahomes needs to drop 7 tuds on us by halftime.

If that happens, Joe Barry is the least of our problems. He's only here because one guy allows him to be here and right now I'm struggling to find one coaching attribute about Matt that I can say, "yea he's good at that."

On 10/10/2023 at 1:53 PM, PACKRULE said:

So like usual it's got to go to that delusional and can't just respond with some respect. HA, I could and will return the favor. Your expectations of a better offensive unit are bordering on needing a straight jacket:). If you need more assistance with things let me know. 

Most of the best QB's starting out with very raw units were like this. Aikman, Manning among others. Of the starting O last night how many are on second contracts? 

He can fight his own fight...

But for me?  I expected more from the offense.  Course, I also expected Bakh to be playing, along with Jones and Watson.

And that didn't happen.  And that hurts a lot.  Kindda like jumping on a bicycle missing it's seat.

I didn't expect a top 10 offense, but one that can muster more than 50 yards in the air in the first half is what I expected.  I expected roll outs.  I expect quick hitting pass plays so our young QB can settle into a rhythm.

Instead I get the shotgun over and over.  I get play action passes run, multiple times, before we've even handed the ball off once.  I get bs end around when we are asking our fastest guy to go in motion then?  Then?  Then?  Stop.  Full stop at the snap, then take the ball for an end around with no momentum.

We get so freakin' cute on offense that it disgusts me to no end.  We do very little to help out our QB.  We do even less to help out our young line.

So yeah, I expected a lot more out of our coach than what we've gotten.  I expected him to help everyone out.  He's not.  It's hard for me to keep blaming the QB when it may very well not be his issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Watching the Jets shut down Philly without Sauce Gardner and the Browns shut down San Fran with mostly the same members as last years bad defense made me sad. 

I want a Saleh or Schwartz on this team.

Throw all the money they want at them. This offseason, our vacant DC position should be one of the more sought after ones in the league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Should be.  But it won't be.  Not sure why.

MLF will be on the hot seat this offseason depending how this year ends. He needs to knock the DC hire out of the park. With our young players, cap space and draft capital, a top DC should be able to turn this unit into a top 5 defense.

Edited by Mdpackfan22