Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Which facts? That the Chiefs punted once? That he still can't get his team off the field on 3rd and a mile? That our HC had to call literal timeouts because he couldn't get his personnel right? Those facts? 

Joe Barry isn't a good DC, period. We bring him back, it's a massive mistake.

The interception doesn't count? 

The stat that matters is we held them to 19 points. Sit there and tell me you would have been upset prior to the game if someone told you that would be the outcome. 

The other team happens to be the defending Super Bowl Champs with a generational talent at quarterback. They are really good. We held them to 19 points. 

There have been so many weeks where it is justified to be pissed off at our DC. The past few weeks are not a good example of that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Sure, absolutely. And I’m not trying to not give Barry any credit. I’m just saying, the best defense was our offense keeping them off the field. 

When you questioned whether what the defense did was an accomplishment, I interpreted that as you not wanting to give Barry any credit.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

When you questioned whether what the defense did was an accomplishment, I interpreted that as you not wanting to give Barry any credit.

Not mutually exclusive. There was some good yesterday, like the red zone D. Overall, It’s not a game where I’m tipping my cap to Barry. Things broke our way. 

9 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

8th in Red Zone Defence
9th in Points Per Game

Not elite but no way sucky sucky

That’s not the issue, and I wish some of you could understand that concept.

We don’t suck as a defense overall. Situationally, we suck. Further, to remain complacent just because we don’t suck is a spit in the face to logic. If you can get better, get better. We can get better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Which facts? That the Chiefs punted once? That he still can't get his team off the field on 3rd and a mile? That our HC had to call literal timeouts because he couldn't get his personnel right? Those facts? 

Joe Barry isn't a good DC, period. We bring him back, it's a massive mistake.

How about the fact that KC scored 6 points in the first half? 

Or the fact that when GB was up by 2 in Q4 and badly needed a stop, the defense produced a 3 and out?

Or the fact that on KC's next Q4 drive with GB up by 5, the defense got the INT?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The interception doesn't count? 

The stat that matters is we held them to 19 points. Sit there and tell me you would have been upset prior to the game if someone told you that would be the outcome. 

The other team happens to be the defending Super Bowl Champs with a generational talent at quarterback. They are really good. We held them to 19 points. 

There have been so many weeks where it is justified to be pissed off at our DC. The past few weeks are not a good example of that. 

Really? The last few weeks? The Chargers game, they should've given up 40+. The only reason they didn't is because they dropped passes or do we get credit for those?

Everything matters in context. You have to look at the game as a whole. I don't care about the 19 points allowed, I care about how they looked giving those points up. For 90% of the game, they looked hapless. 

• Like 1

Just now, MacReady said:

That’s not the issue, and I wish some of you could understand that concept.

We don’t suck as a defense overall. Situationally, we suck. Further, to remain complacent just because we don’t suck is a spit in the face to logic. If you can get better, get better. We can get better.

So can your coordinator, which Barry seems to be doing. He's adjusting and getting better. I'm not sold on the guy by any means. I can just acknowledge when I see improvements. He needs to keep improving as does every player on the team. If he's reached his plateau, or regresses, move on. 

I will continue to acknowledge when I see improvement and criticize when I see regression or a relapse into former bad habits. Past two week's I've seen a lot of progression. 

Also, circumstances matter. Look at who he's had in the secondary the past two weeks. It's OK to give a guy you dislike praise when they deserve it. 

Yesterday was not flawless and frustrating at times, no doubt. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Damn, now I am defending Joe ******** Barry.  

But trying to paint how the defense performed vs KC in a negative light is just stupid to me.

If our offense wasn’t incredible, and didn’t score or have the ball as much as they did, do you still think we would’ve held them under 20 points? What if they had 3-4 more possessions?

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Damn, now I am defending Joe ******** Barry.  

But trying to paint how the defense performed vs KC in a negative light is just stupid to me.

They held because things broke right, not because they performed glowingly. 

• Like 2