Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Isn't that virtually every game in the NFL though? Seattle put up 35 points on Dallas and marched up and down on them and Dallas are a top 5 defence in both yards and points, while Seattle who are much worse team than KC in terms of offence stats. And you are moaning that the Chiefs led by Mahomes put up 19 points on us and in certain situations, we didn't do great. Big deal!

Dallas has played ******* nobody and I'm not a Dallas Cowboys fan. 

And, for the last ******* time, this isn't an isolated incident vs just the god damn Chiefs. This is a weekly issue. 

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What has Joe Barry done that deserves keeping him around? We give up less PPG, but I'd imagine we're right there mid pack or worse in points per drive. Letting every opposing offensive possession take 3-8 mins off the clock is the exact opposite I want for a young, exciting offense. 

Every time you play Mahomes or Allen caliber QB, the "take a drink" catch phrase is "well the best defense against them is keeping them off the field." We literally have a DC whose philosophy is to keep our offense off the field too, by playing soft, not allowing explosive plays and tightening up in the red zone. The margin for error last night for an almost flawless Jordan Love game was close to zero because of this defense.

Give me a Spags type DC ANY day of the week over Barry. There's a reason they paired him with Mahomes. That's how you blow teams out and win comfy. Barry, don't let the door hit you.

So, you want to get rid of Barry to go and get the guy who gave up more, yards, points, and lost the time of possession last night. All those things you ranted about happened to KANSAS CITY last night. The difference is they gave up more TD's. We gave up FGs. 

I'm not 100% sold on Barry. I haven't totally flipped but all those things you raved about wanting to get rid of, just happened to the guy you want to go get. 

Kansas City Chiefs at Green Bay Packers 2023 REG 13 - Game Center (nfl.com)

One of the, If not thee, most aggressive coach this year Flores let up more points than ol Barry.

I think there's a time and place for the bend don't break. Don't mind it against the elite guys, but there's times when we should have an obvious talent lean and need to use it and we just play the same safe ****.

Barry's a JAG and we need to upgrade, but I don't think he's totally lost the room, so that's something.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

So, you want to get rid of Barry to go and get the guy who gave up more, yards, points, and lost the time of possession last night. All those things you ranted about happened to KANSAS CITY last night. The difference is they gave up more TD's. We gave up FGs. 

I'm not 100% sold on Barry. I haven't totally flipped but all those things you raved about wanting to get rid of, just happened to the guy you want to go get. 

Kansas City Chiefs at Green Bay Packers 2023 REG 13 - Game Center (nfl.com)

One game sample size dude. Spags is better than Barry lol. Love is way better than Mahomes too!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

18th in DVOA. Woohoo! That's the standard huh?

We've done this with our second-string secondary as well. 

You are usually way more levelheaded than this. Again, I'm not saying Barry needs to stay, but he's not been the problem the past two weeks. Does the trend continue? Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Why when the field shrinks and you have to tighten your coverage did we end up stopping them? Maybe the players aren't as bad as you think and the play caller should trust them??

I actually agree with this more often than not.  I’m just saying in this context, bending was probably the right call.  Also the Chiefs really executed well.  

Just now, Packerraymond said:

One game sample size dude. Spags is better than Barry lol. Love is way better than Mahomes too!!

Hey, we only gave up 20 points to the Chargers! Don't go into details on HOW we only gave up 20 to the Chargers tho! Just take that one fact and run with it!

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Hey, we only gave up 20 points to the Chargers! Don't go into details on HOW we only gave up 20 to the Chargers tho! Just take that one fact and run with it!

Isn't that the one FACT that determines who wins and losses.  When did I miss the rule change? 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Isn't that the one FACT that determines who wins and losses.  When did I miss the rule change? 

It misses the entire context of how we got there if we blindly look at just PPG allowed. Just an absolute dumb, mindless stance to take.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1