What does this team build itself around going forward outside of Rodgers?

Rodjahs12

After the beating we all just watched against the mediocre Ravens, I began to ask myself what this team can really call its foundation outside of its quarterback given what it does well and the talent we have. With all the talk of Rodgers being "the entire team", it really makes me wonder what this front office can do to start maximizing what it does outside of Rodgers. Anyone else have this cross their minds? 

You don't try and build a team outside of Rodgers.You build a team around a philosophy.

The fact that our team talent is average outside of Rodgers, isn't because the scouting staff is complacent.

We're drafting lower, our drafting while still a plus, isn't as unsustainably exceptional as it was previously. Our injuries over the previous seasons have been devastating. Our luck has been horrendous. We need another pass rusher. We need another plus corner. We need another weapon in the passing game.

This team is missing pieces without Rodgers, but so are most teams. Rarely is a team not missing a piece. With Rodgers this team is in contention, right in the race with all of those teams. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You build around Rodgers with the help of a defensive building block.  We don't have that defensive building block.  We gotta get one, and he's gotsta be a pass rusher. 

I will be genuinely stunned if our first round pick isn't an edge rusher

Archived