The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mmmmk, see, Jim isn't leaving Michigan. 

But no man doesn't have his price. 

If Jim is such a great other worldly candidate, why hasn't an NFL team just given him a blank check and said "take me, daddy!"? 

See how that works? 

I would've loved Jim Harbaugh. I don't need to downplay Rich's performance to make it known I would've preferred Harbaugh over him if given the choice.

I think we all would've kept Harbaugh because he's the only one that's proven to work. But that was always a pipe dream. For me it went

1.Harbaugh

2.Doug Peterson

3.Rich

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Colts and other teams have tried to pry McDaniels away from the Patriots for years. He was the highest paid coordinator in the league for a reason, lol. 

Because he lucked into the greatest NFL player that has ever lived?

Because he's done **** all else of note aside from drafting Tim Tebow in the first round and disrespecting the Colts to the point that he should have never been offered another HC job in his lifetime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

If we had kept Rich/Mayock  and we had the same record right now I would be completely fine with that. Because then we would know that didn't work. Hey it wouldn't be hypothetical that it wouldn't  gonna work; it would be that it actually didn't work. that's really all I'm saying.

what I was not a fan of was getting rid of what it was actually working for what hypothetically would work and didn't actually work in the past. because it actually isn't working now either.

You would be fine with it if it was Rich/Mayock but aren't because we have a new coaching staff? lol 

Mayock and Rich weren't leading this team anywhere. Unfortunately it doesn't look like McDaniels is either. But it's hard to win with limited depth, crap OL/DL, and an average QB.

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Because he's done **** all else of note aside from drafting Tim Tebow in the first round and disrespecting the Colts to the point that he should have never been offered another HC job in his lifetime. 

You know what I hate? How no one remembers that brief then with the Rams as OC after he got fired with the Broncos where he did absolutely nothing before going back to the patriots and making everybody forget that he's mediocre outside NE.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Patriots offense was good last season with a rookie QB, lol. Did you miss that? What has Rich done in his career that qualified him to be the head coach going forward?

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Should've just ran it back with Papa Rich, just gotta hope we played a bunch of backup QBs again so we can win games like we did last year with him.

I mean, are we living in reality or are we living in some fantasy alternate reality where Jim Harbaugh was actually an option whatsoever?

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I mean, are we living in reality or are we living in some fantasy alternate reality where Jim Harbaugh was actually an option whatsoever?

Were McDaniels, Rich, and Harbaugh the only 3 coaching candidates on earth? I didn't like the McDaniels hire, I was also 100% against running it back with Rich/Mayock. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You would be fine with it if it was Rich/Mayock but aren't because we have a new coaching staff? lol 

Mayock and Rich weren't leading this team anywhere. Unfortunately it doesn't look like McDaniels is either. But it's hard to win with limited depth, crap OL/DL, and an average QB.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

For me it went

1.Harbaugh

2.Doug Peterson

3.Rich

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

You know what I hate? How no one remembers that brief then with the Rams as OC after he got fired with the Broncos where he did absolutely nothing before going back to the patriots and making everybody forget that is mediocre outside NE.

There will always be the debate about whether Bill Belichick is Bill Belichick without Tom Brady. 

There will always be the debate about whether Tom Brady is Tom Brady without Bill Belichick. 

Nobody should ever debate whether Josh McDaniels is Josh McDaniels without Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Were McDaniels, Rich, and Harbaugh the only 3 coaching candidates on earth? I didn't like the McDaniels hire, I was also 100% against running it back with Rich/Mayock. 

Ok, well Harbaugh was never an option in any reality. So there's no point in even discussing him. 

I would have rather we hired Vince Lombardi and brought along Bill Walsh as OC while convincing Bill Belichick to ditch New England to be our DC. 

That's about as likely as getting Jim Harbaugh. 

Ok, well Harbaugh was never an option in any reality. So there's no point in even discussing him. 

I would have rather we hired Vince Lombardi and brought along Bill Walsh as OC while convincing Bill Belichick to ditch New England to be our DC. 

That's about as likely as getting Jim Harbaugh. 

I think we could've possibly lured Harbaugh away but it would've taken a similar deal both in terms of $ and control that we gave Gruden. I think Mark Davis was worried about giving another coach that had been away from the NFL game that much control after the Gruden fiasco. 

Making the playoffs last year was a cool feel good story but delaying our GM/coaching search because of it will probably set us back for the next 3-5 years until we rebuild again, yay. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think we could've possibly lured Harbaugh away but it would've taken a similar deal both in terms of $ and control that we gave Gruden. I think Mark Davis was worried about giving another coach that had been away from the NFL game that much control after the Gruden fiasco. 

Making the playoffs last year was a cool feel good story but delaying our GM/coaching search because of it will probably set us back for the next 3-5 years until we rebuild again, yay. 

If Jim Harbaugh is so great, why hasn't someone else done that though? 

Just weird to me that there's this all time great candidate out there and a bunch of billionaires can't lure him away from being Ohio State's whipping boy. 

If Jim Harbaugh is so great, why hasn't someone else done that though? 

Just weird to me that there's this all time great candidate out there and a bunch of billionaires can't lure him away from being Ohio State's whipping boy. 

How many head coaches in the NFL have total control over personnel decisions as well? Pete Carroll could've left USC basically every offseason but waited until he saw the right fit/opportunity. Harbaugh was elite as a head coach in the NFL, lol. Papa Rich was better though, how many Super Bowls did he lead us too?

Just now, NYRaider said:

How many head coaches in the NFL have total control over personnel decisions as well? Pete Carroll could've left USC basically every offseason but waited until he saw the right fit/opportunity. Harbaugh was elite as a head coach in the NFL, lol. Papa Rich was better though, how many Super Bowls did he lead us too?

How many did Jim win the 9ers? 

Literally the only one trying to actually compare Harbaugh and Bissacia is you bud. Nobody has said he was a better candidate. 

But you're basing your entire debate on a preference for what amounts to a fantasy pipe dream.