The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Our offense was terrible down the stretch last year though, Jacobs carried us against a bunch of hurt teams dealing with covid, lol. 

Yeah sure all of that is understandable but

1. We had literally nobody but Renfrow in the passing game down the stretch. People would either get hurt go to jail or fizz out because they're 35 years old coming off the street. And of course we had a horrible offensive coordinator who the last time he called plays was when Derek Carr was a rookie. 

2. Leadership(especially in utter turmoil) matters. And Rich had that in spades.

“I’ve said it many times already: Rich is my pick if it was up to me,” said star defensive lineman Maxx Crosby “He’s a leader. He’s a leader of men. He’s somebody you look forward to seeing every morning. He’s a great coach from top to bottom. "I think he’s earned the right. We won 10 games this year. With all the things going on in our building we still found a way to win. I think that’s a big reflection of Rich.”

"I think we can all think that he's the right guy," Carr said. "He's proven that people listen to him. Our team listens to him. And I love him so much, I'm thankful for him. All those things will be decisions that I don't make, I don't get to make. I just play quarterback ... but with everything that went on, if you really look at what happened, all the pieces missing, everything that changed, yeah, he held it together."

But who cares what they think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah sure all of that is understandable but

1. We had literally nobody but Renfrow in the passing game down the stretch. People would either get hurt go to jail or fizz out because they're 35 years old coming off the street. And of course we had a horrible offensive coordinator who the last time he called plays was when Derek Carr was a rookie. 

2. Leadership(especially in utter turmoil) matters. And Rich had that in spades.

“I’ve said it many times already: Rich is my pick if it was up to me,” said star defensive lineman Maxx Crosby “He’s a leader. He’s a leader of men. He’s somebody you look forward to seeing every morning. He’s a great coach from top to bottom. "I think he’s earned the right. We won 10 games this year. With all the things going on in our building we still found a way to win. I think that’s a big reflection of Rich.”

"I think we can all think that he's the right guy," Carr said. "He's proven that people listen to him. Our team listens to him. And I love him so much, I'm thankful for him. All those things will be decisions that I don't make, I don't get to make. I just play quarterback ... but with everything that went on, if you really look at what happened, all the pieces missing, everything that changed, yeah, he held it together."

But who cares what they think.

If we kept Mike Mayock and Rich, there's zero chance that we'd currently have Davante Adams. 

NFL teams valued Rich so highly that he got a special teams job. Why didn't anyone hire that great leader of men as their head coach?

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

If we kept Mike Mayock and Rich, there's zero chance that we'd currently have Davante Adams. 

I think getting Davante Adams less about who the GM was and more about the fact that Derek Carr(His Best friend) is on the team and the Packers pissed him off. I heard they were supposed to get him the year before but the Packers franchised him at the last minute.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I think getting Davante Adams less about who the GM was and more about the fact that Derek Carr(His Best friend) is on the team and the Packers pissed him off. I heard they were supposed to get him the year before but the Packers franchised him at the last minute.

Based on all of the moves that Mayock made as the GM here, you think he would've landed Adams? How many other great moves did he make for us again? Antonio Brown, Ferrell, Leatherwood, the list goes on and on and on. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Based on all of the moves that Mayock made as the GM here, you think he would've landed Adams? How many other great moves did he make for us again? Antonio Brown, Ferrell, Leatherwood, the list goes on and on and on. 

Well yeah. Why not. Draft picks and trades are completely different(and we still don't know how much of that was Gruden trying to play GM). Trade wise it was right up their alley. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well yeah. Why not. Draft picks and trades are completely different(and we still don't know how much of that was Gruden trying to play GM). Trade wise it was right up their alley. 

What other good trades or big balls trades did Mayock make for us as the GM? We should've expected that he would've pulled off the biggest trade in franchise history based on what? He was horrible as our GM. The main reason we aren't a real contender is because of how poorly Mayock managed the biggest asset base we've ever seen a team have access too, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

2020 he produced. That was the big year I'm talking about. 

2021 and 2022? Dude has played poorly. He has as many bad years for us as he's had good ones, and only one of those was more than just good. 

He missed 7 games with injuries hard to say he quit or didn’t care last year. If Moreau had shown more while Waller was gone maybe they ship him off ?. 

I don't see our team having the fortitude to make a 5-8 week comeback and put us back into contention. After a loss like this, after several other bad losses...I think it's going to eat at them and McDaniels doesn't have the leadership qualities to forge this team ahead with positive mental fortitude. Hate to be the Debbie downer, but at this point it's far more reasonable that we play mediocre the rest of the way after a start like.this

Shame too, McDaniels seems to be getting better, things are coming together, we played toe to toe with the best team in the league. But it's too little too late imo.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

What other good trades or big balls trades did Mayock make for us as the GM? We should've expected that he would've pulled off the biggest trade in franchise history based on what? He was horrible as our GM.

Well I mean there's hyperbole there. Antonio Brown in theory would've been considered a big deal signing(as it was at the time) had he not lost his mind). The way Arnette and rugs turned out might've actually encouraged him more.

The problem though is that we're talking about hypothetical.

On paper, McDaniels is someone who has proven to fail as a head coach in his first stint losing his last eight games before being fired by the Broncos. Rich on the other hand took a franchise that was crashing and burning to its first playoff appearance in 4 years despite having no healthy weapons on offense or good play callers. That's not hypothetical that's based on factual information. 

Can McDaniels turn it around sure he can. But again even that's hypothetical it's not based on what actually happened so far. Whereas Rich failing this year is also hypothetical because it's not based on what actually happened.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I mean there's hyperbole there. Antonio Brown in theory would've been considered a big deal signing(as it was at the time) had he not lost his mind). The way Arnette and rugs turned out might've actually encouraged him more.

The problem though is that we're talking about hypothetical.

On paper, McDaniels is someone who has proven to fail as a head coach in his first stint losing his last eight games before being fired by the Broncos. Rich on the other hand took a franchise that was crashing and burning to its first playoff appearance in 4 years despite having no healthy weapons on offense or good play callers. That's not hypothetical that's based on factual information. 

Can McDaniels turn it around sure he can. But again even that's hypothetical it's not based on what actually happened so far. Whereas Rich failing this year is also hypothetical because it's not based on what actually happened.

You're arguing we should've kept Mayock who was literally the worst GM in the NFL because he might have been able to make a trade that our new GM did pull off after he failed to make any big splash moves running the team for YEARS.