The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

The poorest of losers, and sh*truest of winners. Not all of them but definitely a large majority. Lived in their market almost 20 yrs. there’s a reason why I hate their guts out. Their classlessness and our utter futility against them overall since about 92. I will say, at least I’m 3-1 in trips to arrowhead. 👍😁

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

McDaniels is going to be a good coach for this team. He didn't play scared last night. His game plan was effective and his offense moved the ball at will on the Chiefs despite losing waller 6 plays in and turning to Horsted.

On defense, Raider Nation blames the DC year after year. But this unit lack talent. There is 1 playmaker in the group, Crosby. They have nothing behind him at edge rusher. The secondary are a bunch of JAGs. Perryman is a quality player, but the LBs are below average. The interior DL has no ability to push the pocket.

They need to load up on defensive playmaking talent. Go watch Grahams defense when he had Leo on the interior, it makes a difference.

I don't know enough about PG to say if he is good or not.  So far our D has looked abysmal. 

I do agree with your talent assessment though.  This D is littered with below average talent and JAG's.  This was my point all offseason and I knew that our lack of D, especially our lack of interior pass rush would be our Achilles heel.  

We need to load up on D talent this offseason and we absolutely need a stud 3T.  If there is a stud 3T on the board when we draft we need to run to the podium and make that pick.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't know enough about PG to say if he is good or not.  So far our D has looked abysmal. 

I do agree with your talent assessment though.  This D is littered with below average talent and JAG's.  This was my point all offseason and I knew that our lack of D, especially our lack of interior pass rush would be our Achilles heel.  

We need to load up on D talent this offseason and we absolutely need a stud 3T.  If there is a stud 3T on the board when we draft we need to run to the podium and make that pick.  

That’s the thing paying Waller paying Renfrow and securing Adams. Safe to say it really hampered allocation of resources for this year atleast. 

11 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

That’s the thing paying Waller paying Renfrow and securing Adams. Safe to say it really hampered allocation of resources for this year atleast. 

Paying Carr 40 million + Waller + Adams + Renfrow isn’t gonna cut it.

Ive said it all off-season, when teams take a premium for QB, it hampers their ability to pay the rest of the team

31 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I can understand JM and DZ wanting to be competitive this season and the trade for Adams indicated that this was the route they were going.  I was never naive enough to think the talent level of this squad was "playoff caliber" as I had called this team a fraud playoff team last year with the least talented roster of all the teams who were in the postseason. 

All of the "playoffs of bust" talk this offseason was made by lazy fans who wear blinders.  What I want from this year is to show continued progression and will wait to assess the team and coaching until after the season is over.  I have never been under the impression that if we miss the playoffs this team is a disappointment.  It's never that black and white. 

One thing I did not agree with this offseason was signing players to hefty contracts on the downside of their careers.  This was a move I didn't agree with considering how terrible the overall talent of the roster was. 

I wanted an influx of young talent to this roster but the signings of Jones, trading for Adams and locking up Waller and Renfrow was a move to ensure that we were at least a middle of the pack team.  Moves like this allow JM and DZ time to formulate their real plan which will take a few years as these moves assure that we will at least be competitive.  

Knowing the roster talent, taking this job and not trading for Adams/ signing Jones would have put JM and DZ on the hot seat by uneducated fans and the talking head stooges on TV.  I still think this team can get hot and make a push, however the chances of a SB birth are zero and that is all I care about.  

I felt the Adams signing was worth it considering he is an elite WR talent, I didn't like his age but he still is a stud.  I didn't like the Jones signing at 32 years old.  I did like the YN trade for Sin though but everything else was jus meh....  Combine all of that with a complex new system and an all new coaching staff and a 1 and 4 start is not shocking.  I have seen progression from week 1 to week 4 and like I have said if we can continue to progress and rattle off some wins we could scratch our way back into the hunt.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

McDaniels is going to be a good coach for this team. He didn't play scared last night. His game plan was effective and his offense moved the ball at will on the Chiefs despite losing waller 6 plays in and turning to Horsted.

On defense, Raider Nation blames the DC year after year. But this unit lack talent. There is 1 playmaker in the group, Crosby. They have nothing behind him at edge rusher. The secondary are a bunch of JAGs. Perryman is a quality player, but the LBs are below average. The interior DL has no ability to push the pocket.

They need to load up on defensive playmaking talent. Go watch Grahams defense when he had Leo on the interior, it makes a difference.

Sorry but I’m not letting PG off the hook. With the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball there is absolutely no excuse to rush 3 and give Mahomes extra time to find receivers. The way to compensate for a lack of talent is to find creative ways to create pressure and force the QB to make quick decisions. If your defensive scheme relies on a dominant interior DL and we have one of the worst in the NFL then you must adapt.

Also, failing to limit their best Red Zone option to the tune of 4 TD’s is laughably bad as well. Patrick Graham is NOT the answer. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can understand JM and DZ wanting to be competitive this season and the trade for Adams indicated that this was the route they were going.  I was never naive enough to think the talent level of this squad was "playoff caliber" as I had called this team a fraud playoff team last year with the least talented roster of all the teams who were in the postseason. 

All of the "playoffs of bust" talk this offseason was made by lazy fans who wear blinders.  What I want from this year is to show continued progression and will wait to assess the team and coaching until after the season is over.  I have never been under the impression that if we miss the playoffs this team is a disappointment.  It's never that black and white. 

One thing I did not agree with this offseason was signing players to hefty contracts on the downside of their careers.  This was a move I didn't agree with considering how terrible the overall talent of the roster was. 

I wanted an influx of young talent to this roster but the signings of Jones, trading for Adams and locking up Waller and Renfrow was a move to ensure that we were at least a middle of the pack team.  Moves like this allow JM and DZ time to formulate their real plan which will take a few years as these moves assure that we will at least be competitive.  

Knowing the roster talent, taking this job and not trading for Adams/ signing Jones would have put JM and DZ on the hot seat by uneducated fans and the talking head stooges on TV.  I still think this team can get hot and make a push, however the chances of a SB birth are zero and that is all I care about.  

I felt the Adams signing was worth it considering he is an elite WR talent, I didn't like his age but he still is a stud.  I didn't like the Jones signing at 32 years old.  I did like the YN trade for Sin though but everything else was jus meh....  Combine all of that with a complex new system and an all new coaching staff and a 1 and 4 start is not shocking.  I have seen progression from week 1 to week 4 and like I have said if we can continue to progress and rattle off some wins we could scratch our way back into the hunt.  

Fwiw you called the adams trade would be nice but not totally necessary esp for the price $wise and draft pick wise.

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Good points bp. The one “big” signing is a ghost. Robertson is trying but not a starting caliber CB. Don’t even get me started on the lbers and for sh*t sakes our d line? Lmfao? 

I thought Chandler Jones looked good last night.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

This team is too top heavy on offense.

QB, two WR, TE, LT all have big deals while 2 DE have big contracts.

You can only afford to do that if you've drafted well and have solid starters on cheap deals across the roster. Mayock screwed us unfortunately. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We've lost 4 games against 4 teams that will probably make the playoffs by a total of 14 points. 

• Like 1