The Good, the Bad, the Kansas City Zebras

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We have to re-sign Jacobs. This Offense won't survive with a top tier RB and Jacobs is that guy this season. I don't agree with paying RBs big money but given the 2-3 year window we have, we can't let these types of players walk.

His $8M option would've made him like the 11th highest paid RB in the league and we would've only been committed to him for one more season. If we resign him I'd imagine he's seeking $10M APY on a multi year deal. 

7 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

That’s KC fans for ya!! I’m around them all the time, classless and heartless for the most part. Yeah, they’re loud..... but that’s it. 

It’s true what they say, empty vessels make the most noise 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying it's way too early to say that the Giants defense is improved without him when it's a small sample size against borderline NFL starters for the most part. We've had two DC's that just stuck to their guns in Guenther and Bradley. I think one of Graham's issues is that he just thinks too far outside the box, like the Ferrell at CB strategy, wtf was that, lol. 

Ok, so we can call him a rising star based on a small sample size, but not a failure based on the same? 

How about this- In the historically unlikely event that New York's D bucks the trend of teams improving when Patrick Graham is shown the door, unlike all of the other teams and units he's been given control over, then I will apologize for calling him utter trash as a coach. 

Fair? 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

First off, let's see where the team ranks at the end of the year. Not take a 5 game subsection against 3 of the best QBs in the game. 

Second. You are missing a lot of context. Sept. 2019, Miami trade their all-pro safety to the Steelers and went full tank. 2021 Giants had a ton injuries and the offense was putrid. 2018 Packers had an entirely different defensive staff come in and McCarthy was fired in season. 2016 Graham was working for the Giants, so not sure what you're trying to say there.

I see ups and downs in his coaching career. Consistent with most coaches depending on a variety of factors. Injuries, attrition, schedule, etc. 

2016 was a typo. 

Here's the intended result:

In 2011, the Patriots ranked 17th  against the run. Graham was moved to DL coach in 2012 and 2013 and ranked 10th before flopping to 30th. Graham was moved back to LBs for 2014 and 2015. Run D went back up to 9th and 9th. 

In 2016 he was was named DL coach for New York. 

In 2015, they ranked 24th vs the run. In 2016, they jumped up to 3rd. In 2017, they plummeted to 27th. Graham left and in 2018 they improved up to 23rd and 20th in 2019. 

Dude walks into good situations and though he's gotten lucky a few times inheriting units, they always without fail get worse under his watch and get better when he's gone. 

It's a pattern. One or two times, that's highs and lows. Every. Single. Time. At. Every. Single. Stop. A. Patriots. Alum. Has. Given. Him. Sanctuary? No way. That's a pattern. 

Partake in mental gymnastics all you want to keep pimping Graham as some good coach and rising respected star if you wish, but his track record and virtually every relevant indicator repeatedly indicates otherwise. If he didn't keep getting gifts from fellow Patriots alum, he'd probably be jobless right now. 

29 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ok, so we can call him a rising star based on a small sample size, but not a failure based on the same? 

How about this- In the historically unlikely event that New York's D bucks the trend of teams improving when Patrick Graham is shown the door, unlike all of the other teams and units he's been given control over, then I will apologize for calling him utter trash as a coach. 

Fair? 

I never called Graham a rising star or a failure. If Graham turns the defense around he deserves credit, if he doesn't he deserves criticism. I've liked some of the things I've seen and hated others. 

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never called Graham a rising star or a failure. If Graham turns the defense around he deserves credit, if he doesn't he deserves criticism. I've liked some of the things I've seen and hated others. 

You can lead a horse to water, I suppose. 

I'll stick to the wealth of evidence that Graham has routinely failed to impress and look forward to the inevitable improvement that follows his departure each and every time. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You can lead a horse to water, I suppose. 

I'll stick to the wealth of evidence that Graham has routinely failed to impress and look forward to the inevitable improvement that follows his departure each and every time. 

I'm willing to give him a slight benefit of the doubt because I don't think we really have the personnel to run the scheme the way he wants too. We need to get bigger and better on the defensive line, particularly inside. 

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All about execution. Blame the DC, but when you have guys like Abram who can't cover, mistakes will be made. 

my problem is more, why are we asking Abram to be covering him. 
He is clearly pointing out, thats my guy. . . game on the line, I wouldve prefered Moehrig.

Dont get me wrong, ill take Abram over someone like Cle, but why are we putting non cover guys, on their playmakers?

That is the bigger question IMO. 

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

my problem is more, why are we asking Abram to be covering him. 
He is clearly pointing out, thats my guy. . . game on the line, I wouldve prefered Moehrig.

Dont get me wrong, ill take Abram over someone like Cle, but why are we putting non cover guys, on their playmakers?

That is the bigger question IMO. 

Good question. But he is a DB who should be able to cover. Abram completely abandons him to chase a play fake. 

Goes back to the talent part of the argument. Abram brings little to the table. Makes some tackles but does not create turnovers and is a liability in coverage. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Good question. But he is a DB who should be able to cover. Abram completely abandons him to chase a play fake. 

Goes back to the talent part of the argument. Abram brings little to the table. Makes some tackles but does not create turnovers and is a liability in coverage. 

Yeah I’m guessing without going back and watching we got stuck in a run package, or with Hobbs out, Abram just had to play more. 

While I think he has a role in the nfl, it’s def more of a role player. Against good run teams he is nice to have. 

but some of this is on the staff, if he brings as little to the table as you say, why does the staff not see it? 
harmon filled in nicely for Moehrig, why not try the 2 of the together?

Abrams does the worst thing, I agree, but even if he chased after Kelce, I still think it ends up a TD