State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

right on, good to know.¬¬

what are you expecting/being told they will do for the draft and in UFA for CB and OL? Or is that still open to discussion and change depending on X,Y,Z etc?

Uh. Nothing. They don’t know enough to say anything like that. Just they loosely know the power structure. 

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

What do you say to a combo of Myles Jack and Bobby Wagner? Old vet to help get the younger guy refocused in his craft.

As yall know, Bobby Wagner was released by the Rams. 

how about trading mitch and Jack and then bring in Bobby to mentor Robinson and Henley or Pappoe etc?  

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Yikes! Levis I agree but not Young and Stroud are way better.

Heck even based on potential I would put Levis and Richardson over Pickett.

...Ugh, I can't help by thinking that we really screwed up by drafting Kenny last year instead of having a bite the bullet year. Would have been better off being the 5th-10th pick and taking one of those guys being available.

KP is a safe QB that has run a pro-style offense.  As I said at the time.  High floor, low ceiling.  Richardson and Levis are pure boom bust.  Levis has shown less in college than KP.  Both of them will need at least a year to learn a pro-style offense.

To me, Stoud is the safe pick in this draft at QB.  Realize that there has never been a QB in the NFL as small as Young and height is just one factor.  His weight will be under 190.  I would be really worried that he can't take the beating.  What will happen if he can't move any more?

51 minutes ago, jebrick said:

KP is a safe QB that has run a pro-style offense.  As I said at the time.  High floor, low ceiling.  Richardson and Levis are pure boom bust.  Levis has shown less in college than KP.  Both of them will need at least a year to learn a pro-style offense.

To me, Stoud is the safe pick in this draft at QB.  Realize that there has never been a QB in the NFL as small as Young and height is just one factor.  His weight will be under 190.  I would be really worried that he can't take the beating.  What will happen if he can't move any more?

I agree with your assessment. Regarding Young and mobility, his best attribute is his high football IQ. He's not a scrambler. He's more like Patrick Mahomes in that he scrambles to throw but has enough quickness to hurt you when he's uncovered.

10 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I agree with your assessment. Regarding Young and mobility, his best attribute is his high football IQ. He's not a scrambler. He's more like Patrick Mahomes in that he scrambles to throw but has enough quickness to hurt you when he's uncovered.

I would be worried he could play for 8 years.  

I have a bet on Richardson being the first QB taken at +3000. He will destroy the combine and some team will fall in love with him. It’s a true 50/50 whether he pans out in the NFL. I would probably take Pickett over him.

Stroud is my favorite QB in the draft, I’d take him over KP.

Young I like but I you better have a solid QB2.

Will Levis will get the GM who drafts him fired.

Stroud, Young, Pickett, Richardson, Levis is my order.

• Like 1