State of the Steelers

warfelg

8 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

If he was actually more in the Dan Moore category of strength

what is this about, is Moore another player that can lift the weight room ? I'm pulling for Moore, I think he will be solid, Meyer got these OL to play well last year. Bring back Munchak as an assistant and another year and Moore should be just fine.  I'm critical of OL but liked what I saw at times with Moore or enough effort and finishing and decent pass pro.  He takes swipes at people too, so if you can get away with that it's all part of it. 

I won't be   shocked if they draft Jones in RD1 and sign Risner. OL gets a major boost there.  Moore would be OL#6 can play4 spots. Draft Avila for better depth at C as well as OG.  Dotson could get traded eventually . 

don't pay attention to the website weight listing. Madden used to say Art Sell is"just 300" . I think Hampton was listed 325 but in 08 when in the doghouse PUP, he was 375 (but  won SB and was key part of dominant defence) . Woodley got up to 290 for a bit 

17  LT B.Jones

UFA OG Risner

draft  OL Avila

sign Sutton of comparable 10M/yr  CB (maybe Peterson as well if his price is decent)

32 CB Forbes , Ringo  , Smith etc 

UFA Vets Suh/Joseph/Brokers + Brandon Williams (low cost run defender)

Draft DT M.Smith

3 new stout IDL with Smith being mentored . Williams could be a nice run defender as well for when it matters (Ravens?)

LB/Edge

Wagner would be nice but cost too much most likely, same with David  and he wants to stay with Bucs.

R.Evans ILB

Justin Houston  - perfect roational player and reserve if TJ or Highsmith get hurt. Probably ok now with such a role where as before he wanted to play more. He almost signed here, now he will. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bring on the Haterade because I’m ok with Trubs sticking through the year as the backup QB.

I am as well if he’s extended and his cap hit is brought down.

We saw that he played much better coming in for Kenny as the QB2 against the Bucs with less pressure on him. And let’s me real, in terms of backup QBs he’s league average at worse. 

• Like 2