State of the Steelers

warfelg

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

It was mentioned on a clip  and I thought  perhaps they would do that as they know what Chuks can do. A rookie at LT, a bit of a risk. Ideally Weidl brings in his former RD1 pick from the Eagle to play LT, Dillard.  Then Torrence rounds out the OL , Moore is the swing OL or OT.  Moore kept improving, and I was good with that. It's just the that public want LT.  Rookie LT could be a risk , I would prefer a proven vet unless the rook is bluechip .

If Jones isn't there at around 15 (trade up)  then I expect them to pass on LT in the draft.  Roll with Moore and get trade down for Torrence for OL and maybe Wright  if they got an additonal pick in RD2 from the trade.  M.Smith in RD3 will help the DL

Khan and company should be able to get this team to compete, lots of players available and no need to overpay and overdraft. I would prefer a mix of UFA and draft because all draft could be a risk, we did this in the past and it never worked out.  

Most of the "public" is clueless, especially in regards to the OL.

Some people drastically overestimate the quality of LTs in this league.    There are only a few franchise LTs.    If Moore can even be on Villanueva's level, we should keep him around.    Hell, look how fast Kelvin Beachum got poached from us, and he wasn't any better than Moore was last year.

Moore could be upgraded, but he improved last year and is only going into his 3rd year.  I want us to focus on upgrading LG and the defense.   Worry about OT next year, if even necessary.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Most of the "public" is clueless, especially in regards to the OL.

Some people drastically overestimate the quality of LTs in this league.    There are only a few franchise LTs.    If Moore can even be on Villanueva's level, we should keep him around.    Hell, look how fast Kelvin Beachum got poached from us, and he wasn't any better than Moore was last year.

Moore could be upgraded, but he improved last year and is only going into his 3rd year.  I want us to focus on upgrading LG and the defense.   Worry about OT next year, if even necessary.

I don't think Moore is far off from where AV was. Different playing style but similar results. Neither are Walter Jones. It would be nice if Moore got another season and of course maybe if Muchak is  an assistant that could help too. 

UFA Dillard LT

Draft Torrence/Wright for LG

Moore is the swing OT but if he can play OG then that too perhaps

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-steelers-could-revisit-intriguing-name-from-2019-draft-board-to-fill-a-key-position-during-free-agency/ar-AA17uJMD

BYRON MURPHY had back injury. Would the experience the team had with CB Jackson be one to influence the lack of signing players that have back issues? 

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

if true, I’m officially open to Edmunds being back 

Keep both if you can, the secondary was doing well so keep them together.  Still want to add at least 1 CB early in the draft

Highsmith better get his deal though and they better not sign dupree before they give Highsmith his deal

1 hour ago, August4th said:

nice chart. KP has 2 TD 4 INT, not sure how much of that is on him because his accuracy is 2nd best. Rodgers seems to have slipped a bit here, shocked he was ranked low . Wilson > Brady is a shock, maybe Tom's arm was retired at this point. 

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

nice chart. KP has 2 TD 4 INT, not sure how much of that is on him because his accuracy is 2nd best. Rodgers seems to have slipped a bit here, shocked he was ranked low . Wilson > Brady is a shock, maybe Tom's arm was retired at this point. 

Two of those picks were klankers off Claypool and IIRC Boykins hands. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Two of those picks were klankers off Claypool and IIRC Boykins hands. 

yep, I remember. I'm a KP fan, and expect a good season.   Just reading about the Bears trade, when was the last trade made that compares to this?

51 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Great…

wanna say this overblown from colin, but we've seen George lose it a little in ATL when johnson was getting all the targets and Johnson has his moments. In a offense that we all think will lean towards the run, only so many passing targets to go around a game...

Edited by August4th

4 hours ago, August4th said:

wanna say this overblown from colin, but we've seen George lose it a little in ATL when johnson was getting all the targets and Johnson has his moments. In a offense that we all think will lean towards the run, only so many passing targets to go around a game...

They both cry, but there are legit reasons why they dont get more (Pickens route tree is limited and DJ is annoyingly inconsistent).

Annoyed me when AB threw tantrums over not getting targets, but at least he was an all world player.    

Pickens I have faith in.   DJ...not so much.