State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 minutes ago, mwalker said:

it's the 8 mil cap hit

His AAV ranks him roughly 15th overall at OG…hes not overpaid.

This would make absolutely No sense unless your getting a Claypool like draft pick and even then it’s fishy at best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFF said:

His AAV ranks him roughly 15th overall at OG…hes not overpaid.

This would make absolutely No sense unless your getting a Claypool like draft pick and even then it’s fishy at best.

1)  Im seeing an $11m cap hit for Daniels in 2023.

2)  We only save about $5m if we cut or trade him this offseason.

NEXT offseason is much more likely since we'd save $8m.

4 hours ago, 43M said:

Yep, I read wrong, 8mil salary but 11m hit overall.
I'm not saying I agree with moving him,. just saying 
I'm sure it's about his cost, especially is they think
Seumalu, Herbig and a draft pick is better value.

Edited by mwalker

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Yea he had a really low year 1 cap hit but it’s not like his play is below his pay and he’s only 25 or 26.

I don’t think it makes sense to move on from a very solid younger player unless there’s something going on behind the scenes we as fans are not aware of

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea he had a really low year 1 cap hit but it’s not like his play is below his pay and he’s only 25 or 26.

I don’t think it makes sense to move on from a very solid younger player unless there’s something going on behind the scenes we as fans are not aware of

Yea… I’m not sure I can get behind replacing a young, consistent, and productive player with a manageable cap number unless there’s something else going on behind the scenes or some team wants to throw us a 2nd round pick for him.

• Like 1

we are just starting to get the OL legit, lets not even think if cutting or trading good players. This isn't the colbert era with ben occupying high % of the cap.  

hopefully they sign Highsmith before this season starts and keep getting the trenches improved. 

and of course 2 CB's that are good early in the draft

Trading Daniels nets only $5.3 mill in cap room this year and $8 mill for 2024.

Trading him for a pick only makes sense  if it’s at least in that early 2nd area and even then I’m probably not doing it.

There has been a lot of smoke on Interior OL already with pre draft visits etc etc so maybe something is there.

You would’ve thought though they woulda done this before the main waves of FA if it was for redistribution of cap space

2 hours ago, AFF said:

To clarify, wasn't saying we should get rid of Daniels... just that 2024 would make much more sense, especially if he were to have a down year.

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

To clarify, wasn't saying we should get rid of Daniels... just that 2024 would make much more sense, especially if he were to have a down year.

Oh I know.

I was just responding as more of a general thought on it.

if they draft a OT, is there a chance they trade Chuks this year or wait until next?  I would rather keep lots of good OL, but if trades are going to be happening, this could be one considering the cap situation and direction of the offence