State of the Steelers

warfelg

That’s pretty cool if Dan Moore really did start working in the right unprompted. Says good things about his future. Now I’m really pulling for him to excel there and kick Chuks out. 

I wouldn’t put much stock into the second team Center snaps. If we played a game today I bet Daniels, Seamulo, or Herbig would take snaps over Green…but there’s no need to give those guys extra work this early in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe he’s improved? I could see us bribing someone else in, though.

Who should we bribe?   B|

We have several players with position versatility, so we dont necessarily need a backup at center.    If Cole went down, they could slide Daniels or even Semulo to C and plug Herbig in at OG. 

I think Green will compete with Spencer Anderson for the final interior OL backup spot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I still don't know why people had such a negative opinion of Moore.  Last half of the season he was solid, did well vs Myles and some others too.  He might be the top tier swing OT ,  I just hope we can keep such a valuable player  for  the future. One injury to either OT, and the value of the swing OT is known

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Now I’m really pulling for him to excel there and kick Chuks out. 

only once they also have Moore's replacement next year. Keep 3 good OT's - very important.  Chuks will probably be traded next year if the right deal is there.  Not really cap casualty  right now but could be a factor in a few years when KP gets his deal

Edited by 3rivers

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

That’s pretty cool if Dan Moore really did start working in the right unprompted. Says good things about his future. Now I’m really pulling for him to excel there and kick Chuks out. 

Apparently he showed up in awesome shape as well. Definitely pulling for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Apparently he showed up in awesome shape as well. Definitely pulling for him.

seems like I am one of the few  that liked the way he played last half of the season.  He never dominated  or anything like that  but for some reason he's a player I have been pulling for.   Still hope he gets a fair shot and then at worst is kept as either a 6th OL or swing OT.  When was the last time we had 2 quality OT's as well as a good swing OT?

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Kendrick Green 2nd string center?

I thought he was the punter there, seems a bit far back for the QB, maybe he can't do that either? He is just a camp body at this stage, too much depth on the OL now for Green to be here

dotson should keep a roster spot instead of green

Edited by 3rivers

This ain't a wide receiver stat when two of your team's guys show up on a list like this. Hopefully Canada can figure out how to get passing concepts that don't have most completed passes coming back towards the football. 

• Like 2