State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

In all seriousness, is there anyone out there that you think would be a good choice for our next OC?

Yes and I’ve listed them before. I just don’t want anyone (a) in the organization or (b) a retread. Living in the DMV area, Commanders fans don’t have a ton of great things to say about Bienemy. Similar to KC fans. 

One of the big struggles that the nfl set up is it’s hard to have a coach take a sideways move anymore. So if you want a Ben Johnson of Press Taylor you better be 100% confident they are the man as HC. (I’m not super confident in either) So I’m looking at a guy like Joe Brady, the QB coach in Buffalo. Stump Mitchell, RB coach/run game coordinator  for Cleveland. Mike Kafka the QB coach for the Giants. Brian Johnson the QB coach for Philly. Kevin Patullo the passing game coordinator in Philly. Mark Brunnell the QB coach in Detroit. 

Thats 7 names of guys who are younger, coaching in good offensive systems, as main contributors to their offense, who aren’t OCs currently. IIRC with the new rules we have to interview 1 minority external candidate, and teams can block lateral moves. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

In all seriousness, is there anyone out there that you think would be a good choice for our next OC?

Do not look at current OCs.  Look at WR/TE coaches for teams with good offenses. 

My one college coach: Brian Hartline

Darrell Bevell

Jon Embree

Brian Fleury

Klint Kubiak

Kevin Patullo

Aaron Moorehead

I would interview all of them then decide

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

Tomlins comment on the defense not creating “advantageous” turnovers might be the dumbest thing I’ve heard of in awhile.

What a clown….that’s the State of the Steelers.

Edited by AFF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

I read some of the other comments that’s Jones will replace Chuks.  They love themselves some Dan Moore Jr. 

Oh good, Even better! The position the dude hasn’t worked at. Completely and totally makes sense. 

Short week, no experience. Sounds like a good time. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Oh good, Even better! The position the dude hasn’t worked at. Completely and totally makes sense. 

Short week, no experience. Sounds like a good time. 

He did practice there earlier this year and I’m trying to find but I remember the rumor being he practiced a ton at RT at Georgia because of Andrew Thomas.