State of the Steelers

warfelg

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

He was the literal swing tackle on the team for multiple years and seen as the first answer to LT after Villy left yet you make it seem like he would be being introduced to the position for the first time. 

Again, my ask here is that you move a guy that was benched back to a position he has played and give competition to the guy who is the worst offensive lineman in the sport

Back to ignoring you at all costs. 

I’m sorry man your being thin skinned here. We’re literally talking about the same thing! A majority of his in game experience (overwhelmingly) is at RT, especially the last 3 years, so he’s a RT IMO at this point. It would be a lot to ask him to switch sides mid season without the prep for it.

Based on his and Tomlins comments the last two days they’re clearly more than what’s going on with play for why he’s benched.

Based on pure play - you aren’t wrong and I haven’t disputed that. If we had another decent OL that is a T I would want them both replaced. Moore for sucking and Chuks for lack of effort, especially in run game (PFF, for what it’s worth, rates Chuks lower than Moore in run blocking). 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We’re literally talking about the same thing!

I am sorry, but we are not talking about the same thing. I am asking that they move a player who has lost his spot (and should in no way be able to regain it without injury) to shift over to a position that he is AT THE VERY LEAST FAMILIAR WITH to provide competition for a guy who is not very good. 

That's it. But you continue to push back on that idea for .... "he is a RT". 

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I am sorry, but we are not talking about the same thing. I am asking that they move a player who has lost his spot (and should in no way be able to regain it without injury) to shift over to a position that he is AT THE VERY LEAST FAMILIAR WITH to provide competition for a guy who is not very good. 

That's it. But you continue to push back on that idea for .... "he is a RT". 

Chuks has been primarily at RT making him a RT who’s been benched for a behavioral issue not play.  Benching Moore and playing Chuks at LT or benching Moore and playing Jones at LT does nothing about whatever Chuks said/did that was egregious enough to be benched to start with.

I have no problem with what you’re saying from a pure playing standpoint, but that’s not the case here.

how did Dotson turn it around as much as he did? Is our scheme that much different and wrong for him as opposed to the Rams?  

Makes me think our coaches deserve some blame for this fail

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Here you go. The rumor we’ve been waiting for. The why Chuks was benched:

https://x.com/blitz_burgh/status/1722972699473932688?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Dude basically said “let’s give up”. 

not worthy of being called dude 

with this now out there, he probably won't have trade value or will he?  They better not have him on the roster next year

a quitter that plays like one.  Maybe he won't be in the league  after another team gives him another try . 

Edited by 3rivers

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

how did Dotson turn it around as much as he did? Is our scheme that much different and wrong for him as opposed to the Rams?  

Makes me think our coaches deserve some blame for this fail

not worthy of being called dude 

with this now out there, he probably won't have trade value or will he?  They better not have him on the roster next year

a quitter that plays like one.  Maybe he won't be in the league  after another team gives him another try . 

We've seen what better coaching and schemes can do for players.    Look at Munchacks lines.    He made almost everyone that stepped foot on that line play at least decent, and the actually talented guys looked much better under Munch than without.   Pouncey, despite being overrated most of his career, was actually notably better under Munch, especially as a run blocker.   Without Munch, he always looked soft in the run game.

Dotson was always a good player who had talent, and we all had high hopes for him.     But he was merely okay-ish here.     I am not shocked he went somewhere else, with better offensive coaching, and had success.

As far as Chuks....never been a fan, but I get his frustration.    You certainly dont make comments like that around your head coach, but maybe said head coach should actually pay attention to whats ******* going on, for once.       In reality, I would hope that Chucks would be benched for Jones simply because its clear Jones is a far superior talent....but knowing Tomlin, probably not.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

We've seen what better coaching and schemes can do for players.    Look at Munchacks lines.    He made almost everyone that stepped foot on that line play at least decent, and the actually talented guys looked much better under Munch than without.   Pouncey, despite being overrated most of his career, was actually notably better under Munch, especially as a run blocker.   Without Munch, he always looked soft in the run game.

Dotson was always a good player who had talent, and we all had high hopes for him.     But he was merely okay-ish here.     I am not shocked he went somewhere else, with better offensive coaching, and had success.

As far as Chuks....never been a fan, but I get his frustration.    You certainly dont make comments like that around your head coach, but maybe said head coach should actually pay attention to whats ******* going on, for once.       In reality, I would hope that Chucks would be benched for Jones simply because its clear Jones is a far superior talent....but knowing Tomlin, probably not.

Munchak was the best, too bad he isn't here now. 

Even if there is more to the chuks saga, it's time they move on from him. Way overpaid (thanks colbert) and not interested in run blocking as we have seen over the years.  

Never know what tomlin thinks of players. Over the years he has had players start that shouldn't even make the team IMO

8 hours ago, 43M said:

They way Dulac wrote it, he seemed to imply that Okorafor was tired of trying to run the ball at all down 17-3. 

• Like 1