State of the Steelers

warfelg

4 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

We take on about 6 mil this year and no dead money after this year

then go sign him now, restructure others if you have to . Martinez and Leonard with Roberts should end tackling issues and run defence will be improved.  

they better get on this right away as long as his health will pass the physical 

Just now, 3rivers said:

then go sign him now, restructure others if you have to . Martinez and Leonard with Roberts should end tackling issues and run defence will be improved.  

they better get on this right away as long as his health will pass the physical 

I'm not sure he passes a physical at this point. Back surgery zapped him of his juice couple years back and not much has gone right for him since. 

15 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I'm not sure he passes a physical at this point. Back surgery zapped him of his juice couple years back and not much has gone right for him since. 

thats the problem, if the injury has him failing the physical. I don't know how they verify the back is good enough either, but it's a risky injury to say the least.  Too bad, but thats the NFL 

Yeah I'm out on any LB coming in this season. Mykal Walker has been killing it. Since he entered the starting lineup, that run defense has been looking good. He's only 26 years old and has been a perfect fit next to Elandon Roberts. Steelers got a heckuva bargain on a starting caliber LB.

52 minutes ago, August4th said:

so according to this stat we're just as good as KC since week 6...

we beat the #1 team so why aren't we #1 xD

we have had various key starters either injured (Minkah, Cam, Cole, Kwon, ) or not playing (Jones , DW, Porter, Ogunjobi, Adams) . While injuries are a part of the game, getting these players back shuld help this  statistic . Plus if the offence owns TOP and the defence had 20 less snaps, they will be even better. 

Lets revisit this at seasons end or from now until the end of season. I have to expect we would be near the top unless more major  injuries occur .

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Yeah I'm out on any LB coming in this season. Mykal Walker has been killing it. Since he entered the starting lineup, that run defense has been looking good. He's only 26 years old and has been a perfect fit next to Elandon Roberts. Steelers got a heckuva bargain on a starting caliber LB.

Walker and Roberts have been a pleasant surprise. The play of the D-Line and return of Heyward have made life easy on our LBs which has helped as well. 

The defense is really starting to finds its form, and Minkah could return this week. I would like to see Trenton Thompson replace Neal permanently as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Walker and Roberts have been a pleasant surprise. The play of the D-Line and return of Heyward have made life easy on our LBs which has helped as well. 

The defense is really starting to finds its form, and Minkah could return this week. I would like to see Trenton Thompson replace Neal permanently as well. 

Regarding Thompson, San Diego State produces some nice DBs especially Safety. We have Kazed and Thompson and we've had other guys from the past that also played there.

• Like 1