State of the Steelers

warfelg

https://steelersnow.com/underrated-steelers-guard-james-daniels-taking-huge-leap/

they should give him a new deal before he enters the last year of this deal if he stays healthy. Elite

How he doesn't get the recognition is probably because of our team offence and some issues with players around him.  He has a tendency to move people and land on them as well. If we had 5 OL like him,  that would be ideal to say the least. 

One of colberts good signings,  now if we can draft a few OL like this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So far so good with Broderick Jones. 

2 more and all set. Herbig is a great idea for both OG and C reserve.  Maybe he takes over at C eventually though.  SVP is the pick most want, why not get more Georgia players  because we have seen what they do for the run with Mt.Washington and Jones

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

https://steelersnow.com/underrated-steelers-guard-james-daniels-taking-huge-leap/

they should give him a new deal before he enters the last year of this deal if he stays healthy. Elite

How he doesn't get the recognition is probably because of our team offence and some issues with players around him.  He has a tendency to move people and land on them as well. If we had 5 OL like him,  that would be ideal to say the least. 

One of colberts good signings,  now if we can draft a few OL like this. 

I said before Daniels is that lineman that you just never notice during a game, and I mean that in the best way possible. Never commits penalties, never misses an assignment. Just lines up and does his job play after play. I agree I would like to see him extended this offseason. 

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I said before Daniels is that lineman that you just never notice during a game, and I mean that in the best way possible. Never commits penalties, never misses an assignment. Just lines up and does his job play after play. I agree I would like to see him extended this offseason. 

He's an Iowa lineman. That's how they all are. Just get out there and play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's an Iowa lineman. That's how they all are. Just get out there and play. 

if TV broadcasts were more oL friendly , people would know more about his ability. He moves people and also makes them eat dirt often.   But there are no fantasy points for all those types of fans interest is there?

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

2 more and all set. Herbig is a great idea for both OG and C reserve.  Maybe he takes over at C eventually though.  SVP is the pick most want, why not get more Georgia players  because we have seen what they do for the run with Mt.Washington and Jones

Herbig looked a turnstile when he played. I don't even know if he's good enough to be a backup. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, August4th said:

seeing some stats that say Najee has been performing like a top 10 back himself. He leads the NFL in 20+ yard runs...who saw that happening lol

problem is with all those 20+ yard runs yet not exceptional ypc -> many runs below average.  With the new OC and DW out there,  I expect najee to get better 'average; runs now as well as moving the pile. Effort isn't the issue, it's just getting going. The new OC  will be opening the offence and the OL is getting help from DW and just playing a bit better especially since JOnes played

where does DW rank for blocking TE?   This player is a difference maker IMO. 

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

sif we lose the next 4 games with KP out, then split  Seattle or Balt games, that has us at 8 wins and tomlins 1st losing season, finally.  

But will the media defend him and blame injuries and canada?

Everyone has injuries and Canada is Tomlin's fault.

They could win the NE game but that score will be 3-0 or 3-2