State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

There is a higher power up there somewhere.

that is a year late. 

If they would wait after june 1, they would have kept some capspace but decided not to. Can't blame them, just move on and make a point asap. 

who will be next? So far it's just offence and harvin.  

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

thats what I thought but never expected them to do this. Could Arthur be the reason for all these offensive cuts? I don't see them on defence yet anyways

They all could fall under the category of "We want Volunteers, Not Hostages".  Mitch was absolutely a hostage in his mind, and Chuks became one. I think Harvin is a hostage in anything regarding work ethic. The only craft he worked at was Macaroni n Cheese.

Edited by JustPlainNasty

2 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

They all could fall under the category of "We want Volunteers, Not Hostages".  Mitch was absolutely a hostage in his mind, and Chuks became one. I think Harvin is a hostage in anything regarding work ethic. The only craft he worked at was Macaroni n Cheese.

harvin probably won't play in the nfl again,  so he should be greatful for the other leagues that might help him with some KD .

this team could use a major overhaul , now it's sit back and see what the new FO does. I'm not a fan of tomlin, was hoping they would move on from him. Instead, they are removing much of the staff.  See how that goes, but I think tomlin is the problem ultimately. 

If the pull off the Fields trade, that could be a major help for tomlin. Not what I would prefer at QB  but should be a step up.  

the defence is a problem, see what they do there.  Peterson, wallace, leal, loudermilk, adams are players they should move on from. Bring in a legit 2 gap player like Linval for example, get some anchors on the DL .  ILB is a questionmark with the injury that Holcomb suffered.   I like the idea  @Steeler Hitman had, with Simmons or Leonard for ILB because Queen would cost too much and better off spending on CB . 

the OL better get a new RT and C, move jones to LT. Or at least move Daniels to C  - get cole off the roster.  Moore is tomlin guy, he's here no matter what

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

The next one should Be Robinson easily for $10 mill In cap space.

I think roster bonuses for Cole and Peterson are due 3/16.

I kind of think a bit of a message was sent or another one was intended to show respect to the guys who werent cut with this batch. We appreciate your efforts and had to at least consider it a bit before we move on. To be honest I can think of a multitude of reasons how this was played, just kind of interesting to consider all the reasons why and when moves are and arent made. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

do you think AR2 stepped in told Khan to get rid of these players?

I am shocked they actually finally did this , especially this soon

I have two thoughts. 

1. Its easier to get a better vision of what you do want when you remove some of the clutter you know you absolutely dont want. 

2. I think Tomlin wanted Mitch & Chuks gone pretty badly because they were negative weights on the team. Mitch has been jaded for quite some time and said it publicly that he wouldnt have come here if he'd have known. I think Pressley was so disappointing and negative lazy underperforming vibes followed him around like the dark cloud in the movie "Ghost"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I have two thoughts. 

1. Its easier to get a better vision of what you do want when you remove some of the clutter you know you absolutely dont want. 

2. I think Tomlin wanted Mitch & Chuks gone pretty badly because they were negative weights on the team. Mitch has been jaded for quite some time and said it publicly that he wouldnt have come here if he'd have known. I think Pressley was so disappointing and negative lazy underperforming vibes followed him around like the dark cloud in the movie "Ghost"

mitch - if he'd have known what? He got his chance and was bad.  Overpaid and really bad

take out the trash and move on

hopes are at least 5 more players

Interesting that they cut Chuks the same time they’re being reported on looking into a trade for Fields. I would have thought if they were thinking of a trade that maybe they would’ve tried including Chuks as a tiny bit of value, he should’ve been worth a 6 or 7 to a team that needs OL help, even just as a backup. 

17 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Interesting that they cut Chuks the same time they’re being reported on looking into a trade for Fields. I would have thought if they were thinking of a trade that maybe they would’ve tried including Chuks as a tiny bit of value, he should’ve been worth a 6 or 7 to a team that needs OL help, even just as a backup. 

thats what I thought but maybe someone else had other ideas. Time to make a statement and start a new season with a flash .

mitch , chuks and harvin are gone. Lets all give the FO a round of applause.

17 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I thought we could have gotten something, but oh well.   Just happy he's gone.