State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/03/lions-trade-cornerback-marshon-lattimore-saints-contract-dolphins-news-combine-rumors/

It’s also an interesting contract because the bonus that kicks those in was basically a renegotiation deadline. 

I’ll have to look at it…another site said none of it is guaranteed which didn’t make sense.

Just now, AFF said:

I’ll have to look at it…another site said none of it is guaranteed which didn’t make sense.

It’s guaranteed 1 week before the start of the season. Effectively built to either cut him or convert a bunch of that salary to bonus money, add 2 years, and call it a new deal. 

• Like 1

Supposedly the Steelers are open to or are shopping WR Diontae Johnson. It makes sense because this system will be geared towards Pickens and a speed guy in my opinion. They plan on using heavy personnel plus DJ's salary and the depth of talent on our roster and in the draft, makes DJ expendable. Could explain why the Steelers have shown heavy interest in the top WR prospects.

Report. Steelers "open" to trading WR Diontae Johnson for the right offer. (via

)

IQmuqgtE?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by armsteeld

now it sounds like we're not going to go to crazy in the QB room this year. reports saying we're not interested in fields, cousins, Wilson, baker etc.. if true.. we'll probably go into the season with Kenny, Mason or Ryan + QB3 rookie/journeymen type 

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

now it sounds like we're not going to go to crazy in the QB room this year. reports saying we're not interested in fields, cousins, Wilson, baker etc.. if true.. we'll probably go into the season with Kenny, Mason or Ryan + QB3 rookie/journeymen type 

I feel like people are doing the “throw crap and see what sticks” with this. I can tell you wine thing for sure IMO though. The plan they are rumored to go with is the worst of the options. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like people are doing the “throw crap and see what sticks” with this. I can tell you wine thing for sure IMO though. The plan they are rumored to go with is the worst of the options. 

I'm happy this will all be over with in under two weeks lol

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm happy this will all be over with in under two weeks lol

Well Peter Schaeger just said Caleb Williams not doing medical tests may slow a Fields market more until Chicago is able to examine him. 

This BS changes daily it feels like.  It’s they’re not interested in him, they’re the front runners, they made an offer, fa is where they’ll go, they don’t want fa they want mason back, Kenny is their guy, they’re the only one in on fields, they’re not in on anyone and hate other qbs.  It’s exhausting. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If it will start them on the path to a rebuild, I am for it

On 3/2/2024 at 3:23 PM, August4th said:

Adam Schefter makes it seem like Fields will be traded here before ATL

I don't really listen to Schefter 'rumours'. I find him to be a shill for player agents to push their narratives. I get that's where his sources are but I rarely trust his 'reporting' since it changes hourly depending on where he is getting his info

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

There was a report that Pittsburgh may be willing to trade for Sneed...what in the Khan is happening here? Supposedly the Chiefs want at least a 2nd round pick.

Send them a 2nd and a 2025 7th. Call it a day!

HAHA.  KC want 2 1st round picks and more.  They are going to franchise him.  why trade for a 2nd rounder?