State of the Steelers

warfelg

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what would he cost?

Sneed won't be happening, but how about

Simmons

Wilkins

Howard

I think I got fleeced with bad info. Although it makes sense, this guy was the only person reporting the move. 

18 minutes ago, AFF said:

The Steelers will Be signing especially if Wallace leaves…my question is who.

What are the group's thoughts on Chauncey Gardner Johnson? I think he was injured last year, but was pretty good with the Eagles.  He is only 26 and I don't hear a lot of people talking about him. I think he would be a nice back-end addition to pair with Minkah.  He is younger than Simmons.

cj-gardner-johnson.jpg

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 1

CGJ is a popular name for us. I think he’d be pretty good with us. I don’t think he’s a guy that will show out on a bad secondary, but if he’s the third or fourth best guy in the secondary he’s really good. I think he needs a good defense to cover some of his shortcomings. 

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

The center market got deeper, as the #Panthers are expected to release C Bradley Bozeman at the start of the league year, sources say. With 77 career starts, Carolina’s Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award nominee is a veteran with excellent value.

The Steelers have so many options at Center in Free Agency that it would be a waste to draft one in 2024. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

The Steelers have so many options at Center in Free Agency that it would be a waste to draft one in 2024. Thoughts?

I don’t necessarily agree. The class is stacked. We could get a guy to carry on the Steelers Center tradition. I wouldn’t be upset for us to sign a vet, but I do t think there are any actual great guys out there. I’m still hoping for a vet stopgap and a 2nd or 3rd round center in the draft. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t necessarily agree. The class is stacked. We could get a guy to carry on the Steelers Center tradition. I wouldn’t be upset for us to sign a vet, but I do t think there are any actual great guys out there. I’m still hoping for a vet stopgap and a 2nd or 3rd round center in the draft. 

I'd rather add an impact player over a backup Center. For example, Frazier or a CB like TJ Tampa? I'd grab an immediate impact guy over a depth player.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bozeman would be low on my list. 

I know many liked him out of Albama. He did good with Eagles then signed with Carolina. I don't know he performed there. Just another name to watch.

1 minute ago, Blitzburgh said:

What’s everyone’s realistic prediction for FA this week?  We have a a lot of holes to fill and gaps to bridge before the draft.  

CB, C, S, DL, and ILB should be addressed in no particular order. Adding Wilson would be a great add for me but many disapprove for various reasons. I'm also hoping TE Jonnu Smith is signed.

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

CB, C, S, DL, and ILB should be addressed in no particular order. Adding Wilson would be a great add for me but many disapprove for various reasons. I'm also hoping TE Jonnu Smith is signed.

I see mixed messages on Jonny Smith.  Did he not sign with Miami?

38 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I know many liked him out of Albama. He did good with Eagles then signed with Carolina. I don't know he performed there. Just another name to watch.

He was quite bad there.