State of the Steelers

warfelg

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have a feeling we're going to sign the little Center from Smith's days in Tenn. 

You mean the OC that PFF grades as similar to Mason Cole...brilliant...

What about Connor Williams...is he still available?

5 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

My guess is they sign someone and draft an early C. I don't think there are any long term solutions left in FA. I think Williams is available, but I don't know. 

6 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Connor Williams probably isn’t ideal as I’m assuming he will miss at least the start of the season. 

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Connor Williams probably isn’t ideal as I’m assuming he will miss at least the start of the season. 

Okay...so he misses a few games early.  He's one of the top FA OCs...otherwise, I guess the Rams Coleman Shelton is still available.

I hate going into the draft with such an exposed need.  It hamstrings us into grabbing a player higher than valued, i.e. Artie Burns in 2016

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

I agree. That O-Line should still kick butt next year. Allows Saquon to be Saquon.

I thought that about Swift last year too and that didn't turn out well. I think the Iggles are where RBs go to die. I kept thinking Miles Sanders would be good too. 

Got to admit I’m starting to get antsy.  C’s are going, CB’s starting to move.  And we’re sitting up $40MM of cap space.  I know the first 3 hours aren’t the end all be all of FA but I expected something.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Got to admit I’m starting to get antsy.  C’s are going, CB’s starting to move.  And we’re sitting up $40MM of cap space.  I know the first 3 hours aren’t the end all be all of FA but I expected something.

Happens every year. I remember sweating seeing all the LBs going off the board last offseason.

What CB has been signed though?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yeah, with all the cap space I was expecting more action by now.