State of the Steelers

warfelg

30 minutes ago, AFF said:

Maybe…Inknow Armstead is supposed to be solid but IIRC gets hurt a lot.

Youre still going have to throw a pick at DL for the future.

Larry O gets hurt a lot as well. You cut Larry and take whatever savings to help with the Armstead contract. Armstead is much better and only one year older. 

I personally am tired of the Ogunjobi experiment. He’s…fine but he disappears far too often. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Larry O gets hurt a lot as well. You cut Larry and take whatever savings to help with the Armstead contract. Armstead is much better and only one year older. 

I personally am tired of the Ogunjobi experiment. He’s…fine but he disappears far too often. 

I’m not saying Ogunjobi is better…im Just not sure cutting him only to replace him with Armstead is really getting you ahead.

Better player yes but you’re still Having to put draft Capitial behind it.

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’m not saying Ogunjobi is better…im Just not sure cutting him only to replace him with Armstead is really getting you ahead.

Better player yes but you’re still Having to put draft Capitial behind it.

?

Armstead is a free agent 

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

?

Armstead is a free agent 

I know.

Im just speaking that you’re going to have to put some draft capital behind him due to age(and Cams) and just depth in general.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I know.

Im just speaking that you’re going to have to put some draft capital behind him due to age(and Cams) and just depth in general.

We have to do that either way. 

Signing Armstead wouldn’t be about replacing Cam or getting younger on the D-Line, it would be about replacing a player who is JAG but getting paid much more than that.

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

We have to do that either way. 

Signing Armstead wouldn’t be about replacing Cam or getting younger on the D-Line, it would be about replacing a player who is JAG but getting paid much more than that.

If Armstead wants to come cheaper than Ogunjobi it’s fine

14 minutes ago, AFF said:

If Armstead wants to come cheaper than Ogunjobi it’s fine

I guess I’m just confused why you’re so content with Ogunjobi? It’s not like we’re strapped for cap space. He’s got 4.5 sacks and 10 TFL in TWO full seasons with us and has a 13 million dollar cap hit this year. We save 9.75 mill if we cut him post 6/1. 

If there wasn’t a better option out there, sure he’s fine. But Armstead is a very clear upgrade. 

That's why I'm kind of on the draft WR 

I don't really want to pay one of these average vets 10+ mill ... That's just insane to me and not a way to build the roster 

But no trade up

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Tomlin and Khan not going to Oregon is the smokiest smoke screen that ever has smoked.

A center? In round one? No, no we aren't interested in him at all!

notthatclair-cerp.gif

I hope so.