State of the Steelers

warfelg

I know they switched him for a minute before he got hurt, but can Mekhi Becton play right tackle?

Dude turns 25 in a month. I'd rather move Broderick over to LT and have a high upside guy like Becton battle Danny Moore for the RT spot all while likely drafting someone for the position in rounds 2-4. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I know they switched him for a minute before he got hurt, but can Mekhi Becton play right tackle?

Dude turns 25 in a month. I'd rather move Broderick over to LT and have a high upside guy like Becton battle Danny Moore for the RT spot all while likely drafting someone for the position in rounds 2-4. 

I’ve been wondering about Becton as well. For the same theory @warfelg had about Tyron Smith. Yea he will probably get hurt but you just hope he gives you enough time to have your mid round pick ready to start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I think he can. He looked good over there. Dude just can’t stay healthy though. He would need to be really cheap. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AFF said:

I honestly got excited then right after clicking link I remembered reading last night they were signing Kuntz…😑

Hey gotta troll every now and then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

In this vein:

Noah Igbinoghene (SCB)

Kam Curk (S)

Peoples-Jones or Isaiah Hodgins (WR)

Those guys are either 25 or haven't turned 25 yet. I like those kinds of flyers in free agency. 

Kinda laughed when I saw that Mason Cole is the third youngest center available....I'm guessing that they asked him to take a paycut and he said no...but still curious to me why they cut him when they did...

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I would feel too much pressure to start a rookie early with them in place. 

Maybe with a couple of them, but both K.J. Osborn, and Donovan Peoples-Jones have extensive starting experience.  Plus, K.J. Osborn has PR/KR skills, as well.  And Donovan Peoples-Jones had a nagging rib injury, and then got buried on the Lions depth chart, but he's just a season away from posting over 800 yds receiving.

Edited by Ward4HOF
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’ve been wondering about Becton as well. For the same theory @warfelg had about Tyron Smith. Yea he will probably get hurt but you just hope he gives you enough time to have your mid round pick ready to start.

Only thing that worries me about Tyron Smith is I thought I read somewhere that dude doesn't practice during the week. If that's true, I don't love him playing on a new team. 

If that's not true -- hell yeah brother!

• Like 1

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Only thing that worries me about Tyron Smith is I thought I read somewhere that dude doesn't practice during the week. If that's true, I don't love him playing on a new team. 

If that's not true -- hell yeah brother!

I think Dallas kinda did what we did with Ben and Cam.  Basically give him a lot of contact days off in season to try to preserve him because of the the injuries.

15 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Kinda laughed when I saw that Mason Cole is the third youngest center available....I'm guessing that they asked him to take a paycut and he said no...but still curious to me why they cut him when they did...

Is it possible that, assuming they wanted to move on from him regardless of everything, they released him early to dilute the center market a bit more. Maybe hoping another team would sign him instead of someone else they would be interested in signing?

Just saw the contract details for Hennessy; he signed for 1yr/$2M!  We couldn't beat that, for a Center with starting experience in the NFL?? I sure hope they are in deep negotiations with Connor Williams; it's the only thing that makes sense, considering how desperate we are in finding a starting Center...