State of the Steelers

warfelg

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1769816867298807958?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

I did not want him anyway but another C off the board..

The guy I would like to sign.That is still out there is Brian Allen.I think he is a good stop gap player like somebody above mentioned it.Would I think make everybody feel better about going into the draft.

Edited by VigilantZombie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I will plant my flag that one of the following will happen:

1) We sign Mike Williams

2) We trade for a big name WR (Diggs, Aiyuk, Deebo, or wildcard name)

A good friend of mine brought up something interesting IMO. 

He said this year, especially offensively, has felt like a purging of “me not we” guys offensively. Okorafor, Cole, Kenny, DJ have all made comments or shown that they think they are over the team so to speak. There’s one more guy who has done that. 

George Pickens. 

What if GP is one of the chips for a guy like Aiyuk or Deebo or JJ? Would you still need to draft a WR? Yes. But if trading GP means giving up a 2nd or 3rd over a 1st why wouldn’t you do it? What if the trade were GP, 98, 2025 4th for Aiyuk? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I think GP ceiling is higher and he's cheaper. I would want some picks in return with Aiyuk

Cheaper for 1 year. And has the attitude/behavior issues too that Aiyuk doesn’t. 

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A good friend of mine brought up something interesting IMO. 

He said this year, especially offensively, has felt like a purging of “me not we” guys offensively. Okorafor, Cole, Kenny, DJ have all made comments or shown that they think they are over the team so to speak. There’s one more guy who has done that. 

George Pickens. 

What if GP is one of the chips for a guy like Aiyuk or Deebo or JJ? Would you still need to draft a WR? Yes. But if trading GP means giving up a 2nd or 3rd over a 1st why wouldn’t you do it? What if the trade were GP, 98, 2025 4th for Aiyuk? 

Thats a wild take but I can see the thinking behind it. Trading GP is taking it a little to far though imo. They probably think he is still young enough to mold into a professional with the right veterans around him. Also - that sounds like a lot to give up for Aiyuk...but I view Pickens as being worth a high 2nd/low 1st as is. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Thats a wild take but I can see the thinking behind it. Trading GP is taking it a little to far though imo. They probably think he is still young enough to mold into a professional with the right veterans around him. Also - that sounds like a lot to give up for Aiyuk...but I view Pickens as being worth a high 2nd/low 1st as is. 

I think Pickens sees better QBs coming around him, and the clear message is that they want to win now. Be with the team, or this is your last year too. That’s the second message to everyone. I’m good with that. Tomlin has been letting players do whatever they want for years. He’s now being assisted, because he needs some structure, by an absolute assassin of a GM.

What does everyone think about Nick Gates as an OC fill in? Not a great player but started 10 games for Washington last year. Between him and Herbig it at least gives us some coverage at OC, and he’s played OG also so he can backup there, and he shouldn’t be expensive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Absolutely not,

The point is to have multiple upper level weapons for the QB.

Vikings are damn near in a rebuild...could Justin Jefferson be in play? Antonio Brown, who started his own network CTESPN (twitter thang), said that the two have been in contact. I think the Steelers are dead set on going all out to get a championship this season. Stay tuned!

“No, the Steelers didn’t really trade Diontae Johnson. He just caught a pass and ran backwards all the way to Carolina.” Pittsburgh Dad

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1