State of the Steelers

warfelg

17 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I'm just gonna propose a quick zag while everyone seems to be in unison zigging:

But the person on notice is Mike Tomlin. When the culture-setter's culture sucks? Well...

These are the types of people that it's been long since talked about Tomlin having the ability to control and maximize. Now we are shipping them for peanuts or less. Regaining control means control was lost. 

I am curious if we are going to see a more Year 1 Mike Tomlin style at camp (names on the helmet type stuff, vet players were not happy, harder days (within CBA allowance), etc) I think it would benefit us greatly to have a completely different vibe and feel to camp. 

Any culture is great when the group is comprised solely of solid character guys. In some facets, Tomlin has a laid back culture, and poor character guys take advantage of it and then rebel against it when the culture cracks down on the ‘outlier’. Liking a leader doesn’t necessarily mean respecting a leader, especially when you have lacked appropriate models. 

5 hours ago, rlon said:

Any culture is great when the group is comprised solely of solid character guys. In some facets, Tomlin has a laid back culture, and poor character guys take advantage of it and then rebel against it when the culture cracks down on the ‘outlier’. Liking a leader doesn’t necessarily mean respecting a leader, especially when you have lacked appropriate models. 

Agreed. The players like him because he lets the players police themselves.

When you have a room full of Hall of Famers like they did when he took over it worked excellent.

Now that the team has been primarily filled with prima donnas and wanna be rappers, its like the inmates running the asylum. I think Mike is under big time pressure from Art for the first time in his career. 

I won't believe a Tomlin extension until I see one. Remember when they said they have full faith in Kenny? Another bad season and I could see a house cleaning.

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

James Pierre signed with the Commanders.  Not a lot of talent left out there, yet to be had, unless we are seriously looking at trades.

Bring back Levi Wallace or Steven Nelson and draft someone.   Still have hope for Trice, as well.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not with what he’s accused with.  Also according to Lions fans he was quite terrible last year.

He was solid to start the year but they started running a lot more man as the season went on and he was getting toasted. He’s not a man corner.

And with those allegations…no thank you. Brilliant move in hindsight to let him walk by Omar.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Definitely not. Especially since he’s a fugitive and running rather than turning himself in, doesn’t give him very good optics with the league or the fans

Edit- or the law

Fell for a fake whoops

Edited by warfelg

4 hours ago, armsteeld said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/lions-release-cb-cameron-sutton/

Do y'all want him back? More than likely facing league discipline but he's currently a free agent.

see what the legal issues are. If it's a false accusation, then why not? If he is guilty, then forget it most likely. We don't know what happened there, but the usual applies when it comes to signing players with such issues. 

I expect FA to pick up late next week. Keep in mind pro days happened last week and this week for the most part, so teams being basically wholly on the road impacts the ability to do deals. 

I’ve heard some scouts, agents, and FO people want to push owners to change the combine schedule and push colleges to have pro-days done by a certain time. Think of like combine a week earlier and start of FA happening a week or two later. 

The more I think about it, the more I think Daniels might be making a move to center. Out of all the options left, that seems to make the most sense. And then have Herbig battle with a rookie for the RG spot? Although I wasn’t super impressed with Herbig last year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Daniels might be making a move to center. Out of all the options left, that seems to make the most sense. And then have Herbig battle with a rookie for the RG spot? Although I wasn’t super impressed with Herbig last year. 

I would guess that means no tackle switch then. Also Cole was so bad that it made Daniels and Semulo look terrible too at times. 

Edited by warfelg