State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not sure XH has much left in the tank. I think our best bet is to sign Cam Sutton or trade for a dark horse CB that nobody is thinking about now. 

ZH has had the injury bug no doubt. Dark horse CB could be ideal as well as Sutton. Sutton is for nickel and who knows if he can stay out of trouble, should be able to but there is reason to not rely 100% on him. 

I still think if Porter gets hurt it will be like TJ getting hurt = won't win without him with existing CB's

46 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

https://steelersnow.com/dan-moore-could-start-over-troy-fautanu-in-week-1/

it's reports like this that are not promising.   Just start both rookies day 1. They might have a Joe Thomas here,never miss a snap forever, and it would be a waste to have him sit while Moore starts  and we know isn't as good.   Dulac putting scare tactics out there already.  Maybe bring back mason cole  as well? 

Jones/Fautanu     Semo     ZF    Daniels     Jones/Fautanu

just do the right thing from day 1

I think the possibility isn't  necessarily a bad thing as long as they don't go into the season with that as the defacto option. While Jones likely would have been preferred starting day 1, we don't know for a fact that he wouldn't have had some major issues early. What we do know is that he seemed ready once he did start.

If Fautanu is struggling to adjust, you don't just throw him out there, especially if there is technique issues they need to work through. They also need to evaluate which side each would eventually play on, which could delay things somewhat. I would prefer they start the season with Fautanu and Jones out there since it means Fautanu is ready, but starting the season with Moore out there isn't "worst case" necessarily either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I think the possibility isn't  necessarily a bad thing as long as they don't go into the season with that as the defacto option. While Jones likely would have been preferred starting day 1, we don't know for a fact that he wouldn't have had some major issues early. What we do know is that he seemed ready once he did start.

If Fautanu is struggling to adjust, you don't just throw him out there, especially if there is technique issues they need to work through. They also need to evaluate which side each would eventually play on, which could delay things somewhat. I would prefer they start the season with Fautanu and Jones out there since it means Fautanu is ready, but starting the season with Moore out there isn't "worst case" necessarily either.

problem is, what if Moore plays decent as in last part of the 22 season? Then how does Fautanu get on the field if Jones is healthy?

18 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

problem is, what if Moore plays decent as in last part of the 22 season? Then how does Fautanu get on the field if Jones is healthy?

If he's ACTUALLY playing well, they get good tackle play and have Fautanu and potentially an exceptional backup. The increased value of Moore could also be leveraged by franchise tagging and trading or something like that. The only actual worst case is if Moore doesn't play well and they stick with him for too long. But ultimately, we wouldn't know if Fautanu is actually ready or not anyway.

55 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

https://steelersnow.com/pff-tabs-steelers-as-best-landing-spot-for-stephon-gilmore/

what would he cost? Might be ideal for us so why not? XH will command  a much higher cap cost too

Porter could benefit from having a former elite vet CB .   Patrick wasn't the answer either 

sign Gilmore and Sutton.  Sutton will be NCB once reinstated

Gilmore is washed and was pretty horrible last year. 

I’ll save you time on this one too, there is a 0% chance we sign Xavien Howard. Neither one of them is worth obsessively posting about signing for the next 4 months.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Gilmore is washed and was pretty horrible last year. 

I’ll save you time on this one too, there is a 0% chance we sign Xavien Howard. Neither one of them is worth obsessively posting about signing for the next 4 months.

Next 12 months. 

• Like 1

will they give Najee the 5th year?

smith should add those run plays that worked well for Najee at the end of last season , and with this new OL it could be much better , should be no problem. 

Kinda random, but heard Warren talking about Fields taking KR and just kinda popped into my mind. 

I like the Cordarrelle signing, but wouldn't the new kick off rules have been the PERFECT opportunity to get Warren 2-3 more impactful touches a game without taking away carries/opportunity from Najee?

30 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Kinda random, but heard Warren talking about Fields taking KR and just kinda popped into my mind. 

I like the Cordarrelle signing, but wouldn't the new kick off rules have been the PERFECT opportunity to get Warren 2-3 more impactful touches a game without taking away carries/opportunity from Najee?

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1786024121324962146?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Video of this conversation.