State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 hours ago, August4th said:

we have 10 picks in the 2025 draft. we could trade a 2nd and 5th or 1st and 4th and still have picks to work with on draft day

if we are trading for Sutton, it might be a 3rd or am I way off with this?

28 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I hope it is Courtland Sutton. I could see it simply being finally signing Tyler Boyd. Dk Metcalf would be amazing but I don't see that happening. 

does seattle want to trade DK? That would really get arthurs offence to the next level in the run game. GP, DK  and DW with our new OL would be much different than canada, KP, mich  and dionte xD

19 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Dare I say it..? If its Sutton, Pickens is NOT WR #1.

all GP needed is a legit QB.  He will be a WR1 but if we get another WR1, then it will really make the offence a threat. 

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

all GP needed is a legit QB.  He will be a WR1 but if we get another WR1, then it will really make the offence a threat. 

I mean, at the end of the day, who starts on which side, #1, #2 isn't probably all that relevant anyway. He and Sutton or Boyd or Aiyuk or A wildcard playmaker are going to be a productive duo. 

Also, while Sutton only had 772 yards last year, he did have 10 TDs with Wilson throwing the ball. 

1 minute ago, VigilantZombie said:

I mean, at the end of the day, who starts on which side, #1, #2 isn't probably all that relevant anyway. He and Sutton or Boyd or Aiyuk or A wildcard playmaker are going to be a productive duo. 

Also, while Sutton only had 772 yards last year, he did have 10 TDs with Wilson throwing the ball. 

broncos had a rough first half of the season.   The fact Wilson already knows Sutton could help, but here with this offence he might not get 1000 yards either.  He's a good player and defences will pay if they give GP  2 defenders .   Consider maybe GP, Sutton , Najee and Warren all get over 1000  - wait and see

11 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Dare I say it..? If its Sutton, Pickens is NOT WR #1.

I respectfully disagree. We have not seen Pickens with a competent QB and OC yet. Last year with Mason was the closest thing and he put up some of the most dominant games in his career. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think people are throwing things up in hopes that they are right and can crow about and everyone will forget they were wrong.  I would ignore them as it will only drive you crazy

I would normally agree. But there's been plenty of actual credible people report we have been talking to teams about WRs since before the draft, plus the unnecessary Highsmith restructure makes me think there is actually some smoke to the fire. 

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would normally agree. But there's been plenty of actual credible people report we have been talking to teams about WRs since before the draft, plus the unnecessary Highsmith restructure makes me think there is actually some smoke to the fire. 

Tin foil hat time:

A lot of these deals are close to happening and something weird keeps happening that teams suddenly decide they like their guy again. I think Kahn as been playing the fiddle too well so to speak and now GMs get close, look at social media to see Steelers fans hoping we can rip off another team, and they get scared and panic ask for more and it’s too much so Kahn walks away. 

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I agree we are talking to teams but people are just tossing out names.  Jefferson? Lamb?  Any other names we want to toss out there that the Steelers have already traded for?