2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

Just now, August4th said:

also concerned that we don't have the infrastructure to build up the best version of him..and I'm not just talking about the players

This is exactly why I didnt want to draft any of the 2022 QBs, at least not in rd 1.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

This is exactly why I didnt want to draft any of the 2022 QBs, at least not in rd 1.     

the next OC hire is gonna be the biggest hire in tomlins career. I think his job should be on the line if they screw up with another piss poor OC. we have not seen a respectable offense here since 2018.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Kenny showed good things tonight, and I do think he can turn it around with the right changes and a full season and offseason fir him....but Im not necessarily confident we will make the necessary changes.

hope the addition of the new guys in front office make a huge difference. I love that our new assistant GM came from philly. He's seen what it takes to build up a modern offense. Our next OC might be on the sideline against us next week.

I’m still trying to figure out what Kenny thought he was doing here. Even if you say it’s a back shoulder and DJ misread it, 9 is entirely inside and under it. This actually makes it look like there was an opportunity towards the back pylon of a catch or out of bounds situation . 

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

Every week we go though this we get one week closer to Tomlin making his first in-season firing. 

Still incredibly unlikely, but you can’t keep doing this, right? You can’t accept being this bad at this level for this long……can you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Every week we go though this we get one week closer to Tomlin making his first in-season firing. 

Still incredibly unlikely, but you can’t keep doing this, right? You can’t accept being this bad at this level for this long……can you? 

I really think this dude is blind when it comes to knowing what a modern offense should look like. He's been in same building with matt for years now. He knew what this would look like and still signed off on it. outside of the QB rollout plays that gets us 8 yards at most, it does not look different from what ben was running last yr.

31 minutes ago, August4th said:

also concerned that we don't have the infrastructure to build up the best version of him..and I'm not just talking about the players

continuity is always of help for youth, but not if it include canada as OC.  He is terrible. 

OL, not one player even considering the prowl and none are ever considered a threat to run behind for 3rd and 1, none of them. 

Maybe kenny will leave in 4 years and go to a good team, or he might be another Luck and have to retire early.  He seems to avoid getting taken down  though so maybe he will play for a while.  A legit run game could help him out though

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m still trying to figure out what Kenny thought he was doing here. Even if you say it’s a back shoulder and DJ misread it, 9 is entirely inside and under it. This actually makes it look like there was an opportunity towards the back pylon of a catch or out of bounds situation . 

I have no idea, but it honestly looked like Kenny wanted to run it, stopped himself realizing the situation, panicked a little, and just made a bad decision.

I just feel like he is trying to do too much in a severely limited offense that IMO, is handcuffing everyone.

Not to dismiss Kenny's struggles....he has alot to work on, but I at least have faith he can turn it around.   I have zero faith in Matt Canada, who was never a good hire and needs to be fired immediately.   I dont care if we have no one to replace him with.   Send a ******* message!   This cant go on...

• Like 2

This offense is so stale. It's brutal to watch. Do we need some talent, sure, but it's 
such a vanilla spread with jet sweeps and predictable patterns instead of any innovative play design.
If Tomlin doesn't fire Canada, then Tomlin owns this and should held accountable.

• Like 2