Bye Week Thread: Musings from our Undefeated Ivory Tower

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

If I were him I’d take that same salary for a couple more years

I'd take the best combination of money and good team. James Bradberry has possibly been the best CB in the league so far. If he keeps it up, 7.2 mill is a gross underpay, and this is really his last chance to get a big multiyear pay day.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'd take the best combination of money and good team. James Bradberry has possibly been the best CB in the league so far. If he keeps it up, 7.2 mill is a gross underpay, and this is really his last chance to get a big multiyear pay day.

He’s been very good guarding teams #2s. But yea, he’s going to land a 5 year deal somewhere. As to what is guaranteed, I’m not sure. I don’t know if I’m lining up for him to be my teams alpha CB. He’s much better suited in his Robin role to Slays Batman. If the Eagles are close in guaranteed money, I’d stay. But you’re right, this is his last shot at big money. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So like #31 and a 3rd, and a 2024 2nd if you are going off that. Think you could get him for slightly less. Burns is good but he’s not like fear him / can’t stop him good.

Rams don’t have a first and probably the stiffest competition because of how little they care about picks.

Seems like a bet against where you think the Saints finish, it’d suck to get a top 4 pick and be able to get a Murphy or even Will Anderson and be kinda full on on edges. But there are some interior guys, can trade it, etc.

Sometime in the next 7 months we need a starting defensive end who will impact games on their own, unless Fangio takes over or something and he feels the need to go 3-4.

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Saints pick is a No Go, in any trade. Burns or not! They or anyone wants our 2023 1st and a future....???, I'm game.

Saints 1st is off the board IMO unless straight up.

I wouldn’t even trade it straight up.

Saints suck, a top 5 pick in this draft is looking great. 3 potential stud guys along the dline, 2 QBs. If another one of those QBs ascends by the draft even more so.

Even pick 6-11 looks pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wouldn’t even trade it straight up.

Saints suck, a top 5 pick in this draft is looking great. 3 potential stud guys along the dline, 2 QBs. If another one of those QBs ascends by the draft even more so.

Even pick 6-11 looks pretty good.

I agree, however an established Stud Pass Rusher right now in  Burns also increases our odds of a SB birth in 2022. Nothing, even a Stud Draft pick is guaranteed to help that in 2023, let alone any kind of help this year.

But yes Saints pick should be a No Go!