Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And I gave you 2 examples last game off the top of my head that proves he doesn't "choose to not throw over the middle all the time"

sure all the time was an exaggeration.

misses the chance to throw to people over the middle very often. in big moments.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Oh Lord. The screenshot, the screenshot. You should have told me to begin with, I wouldn't have wasted my time

i genuinely don't know what you think you've accomplished here?

last year at the bengals game i attended he missed a good number of opportunities over the middle of the field. he did it in the playoffs too.

i'm not going to break down the %s and the film for you. the occasions are too numerous to bother citing.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

That's what fans keep saying. What's cool is the stats are out that tell the story. I assume you missed the pass to Lazard who dropped it, or the pass to Dobbs who dropped it. Both inside the numbers. These are just fallacy blanket statements fans toss out there. Like "hero ball" even though the stats say a ridiculous % within 5 yards. Or that Rodgers holds onto the ball too long yet the stats say he gets it out quicker than everyone but Brady. It was actually funny that as these stats came out certain people had nothing to say about them. Go watch Mike Wahle talk if you want the educated version of what's going on instead of the Madden version

Neither one of those passes were in the middle of the field. Both were outside of the tackle alignment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

you think the lions would rather have the rams 4th round pick than the packers 2nd round pick?

No. If you read what I typed you’d probably be able to figure out what I think.

Bottom line the Lions are not trading a top 10 pick who has talent to a division rival.

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Depends on the team. Rams or a team that don’t particularly like using tight ends? Fourth round pick.

Team with a strong QB that would use him the price goes up.

Teams want players they trade to fail.

This is why the biggest trades the Packers have made have been to the Browns, Saints (when they sucked), Browns, Raiders…

We traded Brett Favre to the Jets.

so to summarize my understanding:

they want him to go to a team that will fail and not use him, so you think they would take a rams 4th. but they wouldn't take a packers 2nd because the bottom line is they wouldn't even take the call. 

what is apparent to me is that this is in contrast to a number of posters who think a 2nd is too much to offer. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clearly.

I'm just absolutely dumbfounded that somebody would post this passing chart in DEFENSE of a QB. Christ alive. 

And I'm dumbfounded that on a field that is approximately 50 yards wide - you consider only 5 yards of it the middle. Which is why I posted the chart

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

And I'm dumbfounded that on a field that is approximately 50 yards wide - you consider only 5 yards of it the middle. 

It's 11% of the field. 3% of the throws went to 11% of the field. 

In a 2-deep world, you divide the first 20 yards into 10.6 yard segments and then divide the deeper area into 1/4s. We're not using that middle 5th. 

• Like 1